Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Left and right sound becomes out of sync over time

I have the Sleepbuds II.  When I use the Rumble sound (the one with rain and lightening) for sleeping, the sound of the lightening is at first in sync with both ears.  I hear the lightening start and strike at the same time.  However, over time they become out of sync.  I hear the lightening strike in one ear, then about a second later, it starts in the other ear.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Left and right sound becomes out of sync over time

Hey @dmocek, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Communtiy!

It seems that you are experiencing a very strange issue with your Sleepbuds II possibly falling out of sync. Has this occurred on more than one occasion?

Could you let me know which device you have your Sleepbuds II connected to? Also, could you please test this with phone-free mode, if you haven't already!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Hello @Charlotte_G,

it happens every night.  I own a Google Pixel 2 phone running Android 11.  I've also tried on an older HTC 10 running Android 7.0.  I'll try it with phone-free mode this weekend when I don't need an alarm.

Thanks

Highlighted

Thanks for the update dmocek!

Let us know how your test with phone-free mode goes!

It would also be useful to know if this happens with any other sounds on your Sleepbuds, can you try some of the other sounds and see if any of these become noticeable out of sync as well?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2020

Just wanted to chime in and say I’m experiencing the exact same issue. Also use Rumble, although I’m on an iPhone 12 Pro. Have noticed it with the latest version of the Sleep app. The buds slowly fall out of sync, and by the time the alarm goes off in the morning, they’re like a half second apart from each other. (So it’s not just Rumble, the problem continues with the alarm sound.)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Phone-free mode has the same problem.

I still have to find another sound that makes it easy to spot the out of sync problem.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

I can not believe this is still an issue with the second version of this product. I am really disappointed to read that this is still occurring. Don't really know what to say. Bose obviously aren't able to make this product properly. This issue made the Sleepbuds 1 almost useless for me.

Highlighted

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for sharing with us! I am so sorry that you are facing issues. We would love to help you to resolve them. Can I please confirm the following:

• What phone or tablet are you using?
  • What sounds are you listening to?
  • What version of the Bose Sleep app are you running?
  • Are the buds fully charged when you use them?
  • Did the buds update at all when you first got them?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2020

I am on an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.2 (although I also experienced the problem on previous iOS versions).

I am only using Rumble and the Gentle Bells alarm.

Sleep app version 3.0.2. My buds are always fully charged when I go to sleep.

I don’t recall if the buds updated when I got them but I don’t think so. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2020

I just noticed something that might be useful in debugging this problem.

If I cycle through the different sounds in the Sleep app while my buds are in my ears, there is some variance between the two buds in starting to play the new sound. If they don’t start playing at the exact same time, there is a sync issue that seems to remain until you change sounds again.

As far as I can tell there’s no pattern to whether both buds start playing a sound at the same instant or if one is behind the other by a few milliseconds.