Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Re: Left bud not found error

Just started having the same problem after about a year and a half. Connection has always been flakey, often requiring putting buds back in case and taking them out again. I love these when they work but would not spend the money again if reliability isn’t improved. These are too expensive to just die after 18 months.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

wow that's awesome that yours lasted a year and a half.  AT this point, I would happily accept sleepbuds that lasted 18 months.  The longest that any of my 6 sleepbuds lasted was 4 months and it's really annoying having to call Bose and get a replacement.

I'm curious... were you part of the original kickstarter/indiegogo?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Left Sleepbud connection issues

Have been using the buds for over a year and now all of a sudden, the left one does not always initially connect and has istarted disconnecting in the middle of the night.  Very annoying.  I don't see a firmware update and I assume I am not the only one encountering this issue.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

Left sleepbud won’t connect

I have been trying and trying all of the troubleshooting ideas out there, but still when I take the buds out of the case, the left one won’t connect. I’m not sure if it hasn’t charged correctly or if there is another issue? It’s driving me crazy because I really sleep much better when I use these and I haven’t been able to use them for a week. Emailed support but haven’t heard back! Please help! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Just purchase it a few hours ago. Was really looking forward to using it but when I tried pairing it shows 'left bud not found'. Did all the troubeshooting but to no avail. It's literally broken out of the box even before I could start using it. If this is the kind of product quality that bose is comfortable to have it on the market then no way I am getting any product from this company again. Disappointing.

Highlighted

Hello JOH92, 

Thanks for getting in touch via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site.

I am very sorry to hear you have had issues with your Noise Masking Sleepbuds. 

If you have tried the troubleshooting recommended in this thread, I would kindly suggest reaching out to the point of sale to seek an exchange/refund. Alternatively, please contact your local Bose support here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Omg,

Got these to go away with friends that snore. Went on a cruise and shared a cabin with a snorer and used the Bose sleep buds and they were great...until one stopped working! Got them replaced, went away and they worked. It’s now the first night of an 18 night cruise from Hawaii to Sydney with a friend who is the loudest snorer ever and the ‘right bud’ cannot be found! I tested the buds two weeks ago before going away and they worked and now I’m stuck on an 18night cruise with the possibility of no sleep! Seriously! I also bought some sleep buds as a gift and they too had the same problem a few months in. I’ll get them replaced under warranty when I get home. The sleep buds are great, but they are soooo unreliable and don’t last at all. I’d be happier even if I could still use the remaining working bud, but no, you can’t access any of the ap’s menu toggle if both buds don’t pair- maybe Bose could do a manual override so people in my position could still use the one working bud when away. It’s almost like you need to have two pairs on the go, one working and one on fault mode. I’ve done all the usual, re-charged, re-installed the ap, turned Bluetooth on/off, turned phone on/off, relaunched the ap, reset the charging station etc. 

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hello SalSal, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having this issue, I would suggest trying the steps perviously mentioned in this thread. For convenience, I will post them here: 

• Update the charging case by going to btu.bose.com and checking that the charging cases software is up to date.
  • Go into your Sleepbuds app and ensure your Sleepbuds are running on the latest software.
  • Reset the charging case. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click.

If this does not resolve your issue, please reach out to Bose support directly in your region to explore available service options. Click HERE, select your region, and click "Contact us" from the bottom of the page.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Hi, my left bud cannot connect with my mobile phone stably.

I have tried everything according to the suggestions on Bose Sleep App.

The firm ware had been updated to the latest version.

The both sleepbuds are on my blue tooth list. But the left bud still lost connection.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

Worked for 4 months. Now left ear bud won’t connect. Tried resetting and updated case & buds. Still not working. How do I talk to a person during COVID?  I want a full refund.