plfriedman13@yahoo.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

Left bud not found error

I've had my sleepbuds since mid-January, and they have changed my life. I'm sleeping great and have much more energy. Which is why I'm so distressed that I can't get them working for the past two nights. The error is "left bud not found" in the app and I can't get past it. I've done everything I can find online:

- I get the 3 dots/lights case issue, so I reset it using a paperclip - I can see that it resets by the light pattern, but the issue doesn't go away and the 3 dots consistenty come back

- I've removed and reinstalled the app on my phone

- I've restarted the phone multiple times

- I've downloaded the updater for the case, but it doesn't do anything, and I can't work out how to resolve that

I've learned to work with the sensitivity of the charging pins and am used to fiddling with them to get them to charge and connect, but I can't get past this. I"m about to order another pair from Amazon and return these, but if there is anything you can tell me to help get these working, it would save my night tonight. 

Thanks.

57 REPLIES 57
georgen_uk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Re: Left bud not found error

I also have this problem and have tried:

- Resetting the charging case

- Updating the firmware on the charging case

- Rebooting the phone, toggling bluetooth and airplane mode

- Replacing the buds in/out of the case

In any of the combinations of the above, the message "left bud not found" reappears. Did you manage to solve the problem?

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

We are really sorry to hear you have an issue with your Noise-masking SLeepbuds.

@plfriedman13 Have you tried the steps @georgen_uk has posted, these steps resolve issues like the one you are facing. Please do let us know how it goes.

@georgen_uk if you having an issue with your Sleepbuds after following the troubleshoot steps, I suggest you contact your local Customer Support Centre who will be able to assist you further.

To do this follow this link, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page and select contact us.

Our team will be more than happy to help you @georgen_uk!

I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Kind Regards, 

Prince O- Community Support 

marinho
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 24, 2019

I experienced the same problem. Bought my sleepbuds in mid-February. They worked fine for three weeks, and I was happy with them. One day the app on the phone presented the message "Left bud not found" and from then on the pair never worked again. I tried everything, including what is suggested in the FAQ and what was suggested in this forum. I cleaned the contacts on the unit and the case, rebooted everything, updated the charging unit, reseted it multiple times, turned off and on for bluetooth, uninstalled the app and installed again, etc etc etc. Earlier, a charging error was reported (the three alternated leds), but this disappeared, the units charged, but still cannot find.

It's surprising because Bose products are more reliable than the average, and that justifies spending more, but this one (the 7th product I bought from the company) looks like a mistake.

I live in Brazil but bought the unit in France. So having it replaced is not so easy... suggestions on how to proceed?

Hi Marinho, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your sleepbuds. I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team. 

I have included the link here with contact details for support in Brazil. 

I hope this helps, have a great day! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

marinho
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 24, 2019

Hi Jessie,

thanks for the contact info. In fact I looked for support in Brazil and found Engevideo page a month ago. I sent them an email asking for help on March 17, to info@engevideo.com.br. Unfortunately, I never got a response. Maybe there was a problem in the email; will try again.

Thanks, Marinho.

Molimu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 25, 2019

I am also having LEFT BUD NOT FOUND issues. Driving me crazy!,

nerunerubozu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 25, 2019

It happened to me on my second pair of Sleepbuds. Only for me it was the right bud. It was working fine for 1-2 months then suddenly the right bud would intermittently get disconnected until it can no longer be found at all. I've tried everything like resetting the case, re-installing the app, forgetting the sleepbuds and adding them back, nothing worked. I had to ask for a replacement.

Jacquelinectan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

I am also having the same problem wherein the left bud cannot be detected. I also tried all the troubleshooting steps but it still doesn’t work.

Hello Jacquelinectan,

The following information may assist you in re-connecting the left earbud if you are experiencing issues. 

- Place the sleepbuds in the charging case making sure they are seated in the case correctly. Wait for the sleepbuds' charging lights to slowly blink white then remove them from the charging case and try connecting them to your device again

- Turn Airplane mode on, then off in the device.
Toggling Airplane mode on then off forces the device and Bose system to re-pair or re-connect.

- Close the Bose Sleep app and reopen it
On iOS, double tap the Home button, and swipe away the Sleep app
On an Android device, press the Recents button and swipe away the Sleep app

- Reboot the device running the Bose app.
The device may have malfunctioned and might need to be reset. This is typically done by turning the device off and, if applicable, removing the battery for 15 seconds. Reinstall the battery, if it was removable, and turn the device back on.

- Resetting the charging case
Resetting the charging case powers the case off and then on. This can help resolve charging issues. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click. 

- Update the software in the charging case
Follow the instructions for updating the charging case located in Updating the software or firmware of your product. Updating the charging case DOES NOT update the sleepbuds. However, sometimes updating the case while the sleepbuds are in it will cause them to power cycle and resolve connection issues.

- Disconnect the sleepbuds from the Sleep app and reconnect.
1 Open the Sleep app.
2 Remove the Sleepbuds from case to avoid an incidental connection.
3 In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the gear icon to open the Settings screen.
4 At the bottom of Settings, tap "DISCONNECT."
5 Once disconnected, place the Sleepbuds back in the case.
6 On the mobile device, toggle Bluetooth off and back on.
7 Close the case cover and reopen it.
8 Remove the Sleepbuds from the case so they create a new connection with the Sleep app and mobile device.

If you are still having issues, please reach out to the support team in your country. You can find their details by clicking on your country on http://global.bose.com.

Kind regards

Jeff G