Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Left bud volume dropout

I've started experiencing an issue with my left earbud where the volume will drop dramatically and the cutout usually wakes me up. The volume drops to a level low enough where I had to remove the other bud to realize it was still working at all (at first I thought it was just off). If I gently tap on the left bud the volume comes back up to normal. I've been experimenting and see that I get this issue while there is a still-working connection between my phone and the buds, and it will also happen in phone-free mode. This seems to happen 5-6 times per night, so I've had to stop using them for now. It seems likely to me that this is a hardware issue and I'll have to exchange them, but wanted to post here in case someone is aware of a solution. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Left bud volume dropout

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello dboettger,

Thank you very much for your message, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your Sleepbuds. 

I would firstly suggest that you reset the charging case of your Sleepbuds. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click.

Also please ensure that your Sleepbuds are up to date with the latest firmware also. You can check this on the Sleep App. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello dboettger,

Thank you very much for your message, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your Sleepbuds. 

I would firstly suggest that you reset the charging case of your Sleepbuds. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click.

Also please ensure that your Sleepbuds are up to date with the latest firmware also. You can check this on the Sleep App. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Hello Tegan,

After performing the case reset I've had two nights with no problems, so I'm very optimistic this has fixed it!

I did not realize a case reset would influence the sleep buds even when they are out of the case - thanks very much!

Dave

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

I have had the same problem. I have reset the case and made sure everything is up to date. After a few nights they go back to the same thing.  Also, seems to be a lot of connectivity issues with the left bud inparticular too.

Highlighted

Hello @dboettger and @SCUBALESSONS

Thank you very much for your messages and updates. 

@dboettger

I am so glad that this has proven to help resolve the issue you are facing! Please select the solution as an 'Accepted Solution' so that other community users can find this in future if they are also experiencing this dropout issue. If you experience any other technical issues with your Sleepbuds or any other Bose products you own, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with the community. 

@SCUBALESSONS

I am very sorry that the reset and update has not proven to assist with your left bud's connectivity. I would recommend that you contact your regions Bose Product Support an agent there will be more than happy to assist you with this further.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

Many thanks,

Tegan M