jamespaulley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Re: Left/right synchronisation issue: further testing and results

It does all seem a bit weird doesn't it. I just wish we were being given more information. There are several critical issues on this forum that have been unresolved or not addressed by Bose for many months now.

Highlighted
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

It certainly does. I'm willing to bet the mods didn't actually ask for an update, obviously picking up the phone to someone is thinking outside the box too much.

For all intents and purposes the Sleepbuds product has been abandoned.

TravAlAir
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

So after a long DM thread with boseuk they asked me to do a lot of rebooting etc then to send them back for a replacement. The replacement still has the problem.
jamespaulley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

This issue is still present in app version 2.0!! Will we ever get a fix?!
Mattsmith
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Mine are out of sync too, I have a oneplus6 phone. The only way I've managed to get them to kind of sync is to use phone free mode and take them out of the case at the same time. Pretty disappointed so far.
mowsley
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Just wanted to update on this. It turns out it may in fact be an Android issue because I recently swapped the app over to an iPad and it's synching up perfectly. Only issue now is I'm occasionally experiencing a 'clicking' noise in the right ear which I also experienced on an iOS device early on in my Sleepbuds ownership so it looks like either version has its own share of problems.

Either way, I'm happier about not being restricted to only using Warm Static. One of my wingtips are starting to rip but with a simple replacement they'll be just like new again. Can't wait until we get our decals so I won't have to cut out squares of plumber's tape so much.

Cheers
SilverCheek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 9, 2015

It is not an Android problem only. I have had the same issue with both iPhone 6, 6s, 7, an old ipad and a iPhone Xr. Bose have replaced the sleepbuds three (!) times but the issue prevails. The claim they have no knowledge of this issue although I have pointed them to this forum. They have offered me my money back and as an extra bonus an extra year of warranty on any other Bose product I might purchase. This indicates to me that they have no intention to fix this.

It is a pity since the noisemasking is a feature I have a great benefit from during sleep (only using the warm noise) but since the alarm is out of sync it really is a bummer as a whole. Is there any other products on the market that would be an alternative to these?