allarone
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Re: Left sleep bud stopped working

They did replace mine.  The new one is working well so far.  Customer service when calling Bose was fantastic!

Iblabe
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hector, How about helping us with a solution instead of repeating the same coporate answer. If you have nothing of substance to add then please desist with this rediculous regurrgitated response,

Kfbirch@icloud.com
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

I’m having the exact same problem.  Such a great product but so very sad that my right ear bud refuses to work.  Please help. I have only used them a few times

@Sindrogo wrote:
The other day I popped my sleep buds in after not using them for about a week. They'd been on the charger the whole time plugged in (I would check every few days to see if lights for both buds were on). I noticed the left one instantly went from 100% down to 47%. I used them and popped them on the charger after. A few days later and I'm at a noisy hotel right by DFW. I thought, no problem... I brought my sleep buds. Well not so much. The left one now doesn't play sound at all. It is connected and shows full charge. The right one plays fine. In fact, both batteries are discharging at about the same rate. But no sound from the left. I've taken them in and out of the case several times, forgotten and re-paired, even deleted and re-installed the app. Before the re-install, the app reported both buds were up to date on firmware. No sound from left (did check for buildup or wax too).

Ktastrophe
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

For those who may think but not know for sure if it's the earbud:

I had the variation on this issue where the left side of the charging base simply wasn't charging - the light would come on solid, and that was it. The left bud would charge if I put it in the right side. 

One time, I got the three lights error (leftmost, centre, and rightmost LEDs on the base). As per the instructions, I reset the base, and that started the left side charging again.

I think it's worth a shot for some of you 🙂

BC3
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Same issue with mine. Started out fine, now the constant "left bud not found" error. Very disappointing - given all the same issues, this product was clearly not well tested, and now we pay the price with broken sleepbuds and endless time on hold with Bose.

Such a poor product.

CdnChris
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

Solution that works for me: 

- I updated the base and made sure all updates were current.  If you haven't, go to btu.bose.com

- I put both buds back in the charging case with the app open.  It shows them as disconnected when in the case.  Then I just took out the left one, leaving the right one in the charging case.  The left one connected when it was on it's own.  Then I pulled out the right one and it followed suit.

Still really odd for such an expensive product...... Reading some of the comments, it's a little embarrassing for them.... hopefully they fix the firmware soon and don't those of us using the product.  When both buds are on, my sleep has been wonderful.

Vicky_W

Hello CdnChris, 

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to post your solution, I am sure may users will find it useful. 

If this works for anyone else I would love to hear from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ATC
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Since I bought my sleep buds, Bose has happily (and easily) replaced them twice.  

My latest replacement has shown signs of the previous problems.

I see that Bose is happily replacing all of the exiting SleepBud products for the rest of the year.

I plan on trying to keep mine until December 1, then request reimbursement.   I do not have faith that this product will last much longer. 

For decades, I've been impressed at the products I've bought from Bose, and how they've supported their customer base.   Although others may disagree, I am not upset at how they are handling this with their customer base.  I see them showing ownership of the issue, drawing a line, taking a stand, and discontinuing their product, and offering a full refund.  (This is a "product doesn't work" issue, and not a safety-related issue.)  I appreciate their efforts, and can only imagine the effort they've gone through to resolve this situation before arriving at this decision. 

Wurlitzer
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

I'm in Singapore and took my Sleepbuds in to Atlas due to the "Left bud not found" issue. I was told these are now a "failed product" and was offered the options of a replacement or refund.  As the replacement would take 45 days I figured that would be too close to the cut-off date of 31 December for a refund, so have opted for the refund.

It's great that BOSE as standing behind their products like this and do hope they are successful with version 2.  They were amazing when they worked.

Andrew Si
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Hey Guys,
My both sleep buds already stop working...
I bought it on AliExpress 3 month ago. 
Have I possibility to return it somehow?