Highlighted
pacocandano
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2017

Left sleepbud chirping driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I bought the buds vía web in the Best Buy Mexico page where I live, but as life changing they have been to me for the better, I have been experiencing for several weeks the dreaded left earbud chirping and I am starting to loose it; Of course, I have done all the tricks in the book suggested by the community, everything is updated and fresh in the IOS app and charging dock.

I have seen (or heard) as other members have, that downloading a "new" sound (after deleting almost all or all of them), works to hush the cricket for some time; also, tapping the bud with my finger or resting the left ear on the pillow helps, but as soon as the pressure goes, the cricket is chirping happily.

I really need them to work as intended, as I spent the steep $300 usd asking price here in Mexico.

I have contacted the customer support here, but I am still waiting for a response and the extent of it;  here in Mexico things are not as straightforward as they are in the US and other countries where they exchange the defective product almost without asking for a new working unit or something along those lines; an answer that really helps the customer. Please help me to solve this terrible thing, as I really have had a wonderful experience with the buds, except when the unbearable cricket appeared and ruined the peaceful experience turning it into a torture and defeating the purpose of the product altogether.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GilesM
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Re: Left sleepbud chirping driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Author Accepted Answer selected by pacocandano

Is there any progress on this issue? Does running them in ‘no phone’ mode help?

20 REPLIES 20
Community Manager

Hi pacocandano,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with the new Noise Masking Sleep Buds and the only way to replace them is through the support team for Mexico.  HERE is their contact information.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

pacocandano
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2017

Thanks! I have sent an email and I am waiting for their reply; the thing is that I really do not want to replace them, I want BOSE to fix the issue a lot of people is experiencing ASAP via a firmware/software update as it is clearly not a herware problem, because if it were, when downloading sounds the chirping would still be present...

pacocandano
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2017

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi pacocandano,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with the new Noise Masking Sleep Buds and the only way to replace them is through the support team for Mexico.  HERE is their contact information.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Hi, I contacted the 1800 number and they are going to send a prepaid fedex guide to send them to the service center and maybe replace them; I gather there is nothing physically wrong with them, it is surely a firmware/software glitch. Is Bose working on some solution as some time ago they did for us users of the superb first gen QC35? Regards!

fractalbrain
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

Exact same symptoms. I'm on my 3rd/4th pair. Always more noticable in the left ear, but I'm not sure if that's the sreepbud or my ear.

I'm currently experimenting with using them in phone free mode while leaving them out of the case for awhile before using them.

As you know, you are not alone :-).

Hi All,

@pacocandano, we're happy to hear a new pair is on its way to you. Please let us know how it goes.

@fractalbrain, we are very sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your sleepbuds. Please keep us up to date. We would be interested to know if that makes a difference.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

pacocandano
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2017

Wish the following was true:

"@pacocandano, we're happy to hear a new pair is on its way to you. Please let us know how it goes"

They did send a fedex guide but with the wrong home address, I wrote a mail addressing this situation and they replied that I should contact the 1800 number, an IMPOSSIBLE feat¨...

I have tried since then, SEVERAL TIMES  more than 45 minutes to get them to answer the call, which obviously they haven't.

Also I speak from Mexico city and they answer in spanish but in the States, which has a different time zone, so I have not had luck contacting them to help me send the fedex guide with the correct data.... is there a way you can help me from here? the report # is 119558812.

Please help me or give me another alternative to get them to mexico's service center to have them replaced! 

pacocandano
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2017

How terrible!

Then what the heck is Bose doing to address this matter??? It is obviously a firmware/software issue....

GilesM
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by pacocandano

Is there any progress on this issue? Does running them in ‘no phone’ mode help?

Hello @GilesM 

Thank you for your comment.

At this time we do not have any information regarding a new Firmware update. Once we have more information we will inform the community. 

For the meantime, if anyone is experiencing this issue I strongly suggest getting in touch via the contact information Tony A  has issued above. 

Kindest Regards,

Tegan M - Community Support