Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

Long Shot For Bose, Possible Discount For Users Of Original Sleepbuds On Sleepbuds 2

I'm sure I already know the answer to this but how about a small discount for users of the original Sleepbuds when purchasing Sleepbuds 2? 

I have just seen the Sleepbuds 2 announcement, didn't know Bose were that close to releasing a new pair after the failure of the originals. I'm guessing the new ones fix all the issues of not charging, magnets falling off, disconnection problems etc? I haven't seen any press releases that disclose how these new ones solve the problems that the first ones have but please point me to the info if that is available.

Anyway, to the point at hand, wouldn't it be nice if Bose gave loyal customers of the original sleepbuds a small discount on the new ones, like 10% or something? Just a little something to say "thank you" for all the feedback and sticking with them on this new product.

Seems like my 000th pair of original sleepbuds are on their way out again, low volume in one ear : (

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Long Shot For Bose, Possible Discount For Users Of Original Sleepbuds On Sleepbuds 2

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi all,

Our sincerest apologies that there is still frustration around the performance of our original Sleepbuds. There currently isn’t a discount we are offering when purchasing the new Sleepbuds II. However, if you still have your original Sleepbuds, and are experiencing an issue with them, please reach out to your in-region support center (https://global.bose.com) to discuss available support options.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Re: Long Shot For Bose, Possible Discount For Users Of Original Sleepbuds On Sleepbuds 2

Thanks for starting this thread.  I too just saw the announcement for the new Sleepbuds II and agree that if I'd known that Bose was this close to releasing an update to fix all of the problems with v1, I'd have sent my latest pair back when I had the chance and waited for these.  Yes, I said my latest pair because I'm on my fourth set.

More than a 10% discount; I'd like to see a trade-up option for those of us who stuck by Bose over all of these months because at least I thought "something was better than nothing".  Having said that, it's been very discouraging.

Come on Bose... please make it right.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

For sure! I was too very disappointed because I found out just after the 31st of december about the chance of returning them, and this is the response I got: "Hello, I do appreciate your desire, unfortunately our offer of a refund for Sleepbuds ended on the 31st of December 2019. The offer ran from the 3rd of October and was widely circulated on both our website and in email communications. As such I'm unable to set up or process a refund for those. We will however continue to offer free replacements as and when customers' Sleepbuds fail. I'm sorry that I'm not able to do that for you."

I nver received an email about the replacement, so I found unfair that could not get the refund. If I had the refund, I would buy the new version in no time...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

In complete agreement about being a loyal Bose earbuds fan.. mine still function but would love to do the upgrade..

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

When going through the support part of the Bose website, after putting in the serial number, it does say they will provide a refund if you call, so you could cite that.

I've also heard reports of people calling into the support line with their 1st gen buds, and them agreeing to replace them with the 2nd gen, but requesting the swap happen in a couple of weeks when the new ones are available.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2020

I could not agree with this post more. I am one of the original beta testers from the Bose Sleepbuds and traded 4 pairs until the end when I finally gave up and instead of a refund, traded for QC II or whatever. I cannot sleep in those. If I had known they would come out with a new pair less than 6 months after my trade, I would have waited. There is no way I am spending another $250 on these. A competitor sold theirs for $69...will see what happens. I wish there was more loyalty from Bose though. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

@ivandolz I mean, to be fair; it was everywhere. emails were sent out, it was posted on the web page, it was on their social media, a press release was out, the app even had a message in it about the recall/refund. It wasn't a secret at all.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

I think it ought to be a lot more than 10%.  I've been a loyal Bose customer for over 40 years.  Owned multiple pairs of 901s and 601s, headphones, earbuds, portable speakers, etc.

I received the refund offer for the Sleepbuds and decided to keep mine.  I only had to return them once, and the replacement pair seemed to work pretty well.  The refund offer seemed to make it clear that the product was discontinued.  There were only vague comments about revisiting the idea of such a product in the future; nowhere did it state that an improved version of the product was planned or in the works. The choice was between a product with some design flaws, or nothing at all for some indefinite time period, if not forever.

Companies rarely own up to product deficiencies, let alone proactively offer to refund your money in full.  Even though I didn't take advantage of that offer, I admire the company for doing that and would not hesitate to buy another Bose product.

However, I think Bose should extend a similar offer for those of us who chose to keep the product, despite its flaws.  To be fair, we did have the use of the product for the last year.  I think a reasonable offer would be to upgrade at a nominal price, say, $99.  That should cover their costs and go a long way towards reinforcing brand loyalty.

There's absolutely no way I can justify spending another $250 for an improved version.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

Same boat here.  I swapped out another pair after the discontinuation was announced (the third or fourth swap, if I recall).  That pair ended up with one bud going silent after a few months (which I just decided to live with), and then they finally encountered the magnet falling off issue about 2 weeks ago.  So they're toast now.  I haven't bothered trying to exchange them because the process had turned into such a massive hassle the last 2 times I tried it.

BOSE has thorough records of the folks who had multiple exchanges of these things, and should absolutely be throwing us a bone here, and not something insulting like 10% off.  Like others have said, I can't justify going and dropping another $250 on something that I don't have a huge level of confidence won't have the same problems as the original ones did.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

I think there needs to be a clear message from Bose about trading in old Sleepbuds for Sleepbuds II. I am seeing all over Facebook groups that people are calling into Bose and being told they can trade in their old ones but this tends to be very USA centric.

I live in the Philippines whereby Bose uses Authorized Retailers, as such they are less informed about the options available to customers than the customers themselves.

If we had an official statement from Bose (like when the original Sleepbuds were discontinued and the statement on refunds + replacements was made available on the site) then it would allow people like myself to contact the authorized retailer and note the possibility, then the retailer would be able to order the product for replacement and make the exchange.

As it stands they currently have no idea what I am talking about in regards to Sleepbuds II and exchanges.

Could someone from Bose perhaps ask for an official statement?

Thanks