Loss of sound when laying on the side - ear plug collapse

Audible Advocate

Loss of sound when laying on the side - ear plug collapse

Under some circumstances when laying on the right side, the ear canal plug folds in on itself effectively blocking off sound from the bud, allowing the user to hear outsides noises again.   This could be solved be strengthening the material used in the section that connects the outer ear canal to the sleepbud to stop it collapsing/folding against itself?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Loss of sound when laying on the side - ear plug collapse

Hi TedHarrison, 

Thank you for bring this to our attention. 

Can you confirm if this is the circular part of the ear tip which goes into your ear? Or is it the wing that secures the tip?

I have marked this post as a feature request so that it can be monitored by the relevant departments. 

Have a great day!

Jessie_O - Community Support

Audible Advocate

It’s the centre of the circular part, it closes the hole to the ‘stem’ that goes down to the actual speaker in the bud

Hi TedHarrison, 

Thanks again for raising this and for the clarification. 

Have a great day! 

Jessie_O 

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

I think this might have been discussed in quite a lengthy thread a little while ago. I got that a lot, lie on side and the sound disappears.

Audible Advocate

Jessie

Last night I tried the ‘material sticking plaster over the Bose logo’ to fix the issue of getting stuck on the cotton on my pillow, and it also seems to have fixed the loss of sound issue too. I believe the issue is the same- the shiny material over the Bose logo gets trapped against the cotton due to friction, and when I move a little the bud does not, changing the angle of the stem and closing the hole at the top - so no sound. Now the friction issue is solved, so it seems is the sound issue!

Hi TedHarrison,

Thank you for the feedback and your own resolution - I'd be happy to log this today for our product development team.

Kind regards,

Andy B

Audible Advocate

Thanks Andy, the long term solution should be as easy as finding the right material to coat the Bose logo on the bud.