Highlighted
RoxStar
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Lost earbud

I’m sad to say that I talked to support today to ask if I could buy a replacement for a lost earbud (the dog may have eaten it!).  The answer was no and that with out 2 buds the one I still have will not work by itself.    I was told I could buy another set for near the retail price but mine are about a week old so that is not an option.  I would say to all to keep your buds on a leash.  They are expensive things to lose.  I couldn’t find in the literature where this was written about and to caution people about keeping the buds together.  It says you can use just one but doesn’t say that the other has to be nearby.   I’m not happy that I have wasted a ton of money on these.  I did like the way they were working before I lost the left one.  I expect more from Bose.  

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Lost earbud

Hello Rox, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

We are sorry to hear your dog ate your earbud.

IF you could drop us a private message we will be able to help.

Thank you,

Prince_O- Community Moderator

RoxStar
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Hello, I'm trying to respond but it sent me to another message board.  I'd like to hear your solution to my problem with the missing earbud.  Thanks, RoxStar

Peakibooo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

I feel your pain with your missing earbud. I thought I lost one too, but after an hour of searching I found it in the inside corner of a pillowcase. How it got there, is a complete and total mystery.  I with they had the tile app ability like the earbuds, so you can find them when lost. Then you’d really know if your dog ate it, or if it’s hidden somewhere 

RoxStar
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Good idea...I'll check again and underneath on the metal frame of the bed....who knows it could show up.  I don't think the dogs actually ate it.    Too bad the Bose people never responded !    🙂  

Reginald23
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2019

I'm trying to respond but it sent me to another message board. I'd like to hear your solution to my problem with the missing earbud Burger king survey.

RoxStar
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I’m still waiting for a reply from the Bose people so I think the only answer is to buy 2 new ones but that isn’t in my budget.
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

The buds are paired, so you can't just get a replacement one to work with the one you still have.

If you get in contact with your local support (phone Bose in your country) most likely they will offer you the replacement they offer instead of out of warranty repairs.  So they will likely send you a new pair for a reduced price.

Hello Reginald23 and RoxStar,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community!  I am so sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

As suggested by @Morlock, please, can you reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W