nicole.e
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

Mobile App is giving repeated notifications throughout the day, when not in use

I am having an issue I am not sure how to resolve; my sleepbuds are disconnecting and the app is notifying me, however this is in the middle of the day. I wake up, place the sleepbuds back in their case and close the app. 10-30min later (or at seemingly random times) I get a notification that the app is back, and the buds can't connect. I have to re-open the app in order to get rid of the notification. I am not sure why this is happening but it is getting rather annoying.

I have tried resetting the buds, the case, the app. I have also turned off Bluetooth during the day and the notification still returns.  I have noticed that because of this, sometimes the buds are not charging. They are correctly placed in the case as well.  This happens thoughout the entire day and I now always have the Bose app notifying me that the Sleepbuds are not connected. I just want the app to turn off during the day and not try to connect! 

For reference I am on Android/Pixel 3. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Mobile App is giving repeated notifications throughout the day, when not in use

Hi nicole.e! Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

We do apologise for the issues you have experienced with the app notifying you persistently. If you wish to change this, I would recommend going into your phone settings and disabling notifications from the Bose Sleep app. To do this - 

1. Go to Settings > Sound and Notification > App Notifications
  2. Tap the app you want to stop
  3. Tap the toggle for Block, which will never show notifications from this app

Give this a try, and let me know if this solves your issue.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

guidos
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Mobile App is giving repeated notifications throughout the day, when not in use

Same problem here since last update.

My Samsung Galaxy inform that Bose app is using battery even I´ve put the sleepbuds into its case. The solution I found is to force stop that app, but this is annoying to do it every time I stpo using my sleepbuds.

This issue did not appeared before the latest app update ( the one that has the night mode)

Hope you can give me a solution.

Best regards

Guido

Hi Guidos, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

With regards to using the application, this is not really affected by the use of the Sleepbuds. I'm afraid that every time you use and have finished using the Sleep app, you would need to force close this to preserve battery life for your phone. This is why there is a notification from the app to remind you that it is still running. I understand this can be an inconvenience however this will allow you to save the battery life fro your phone.

Have a great day.

Leon_C - Community Support

steveB23
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2019

The next sound you hear will be ME uninstalling the SoundTouch mobile app.

Give us the ability to turn the thing (app) off, please, without having to do a force stop. Is that so hard?

mowsley
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

In the pull down tray if you long press the notification you will get the option to "Stop showing". The app needs to run in the background and this consumes battery as a function of Low Energy Bluetooth, but at least you won't constantly be pestered about it
steveB23
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2019

My phone is in the vicinity of the speaker maybe 15% of my awake time. I don't need it that bad. Uninstalled. If you add the ability to shut off THE APP so that it does not consume battery, I'll consider reinstalling, but not before. I fail to understand why you think your app is so important.