Highlighted
deedub68
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2015

Multiplying issues so finally a call to tech support

Purchased my sleepbuds in January '19. Up to about a week ago they were fine.

The first problem was the drain on the right bud seemed to be twice as fast as the left: from 100% charge at night time the right bud was at half charge compared to the left in the morning. So I went through the firmware 2.0.0 update & case reset, "forgetting"  on bluetooth & reinstalling...all solutions previously posted here.

So 2 nights ago I noticed that the charge on the right bud, after a full day's charge was...48%: and left was at 100%. Sound familiar? This is turning into a really consistent problem. I just could not get the right bud above 48%. Either the charge is going to 100% and then discharging back to 48% or not getting to 100% in the first place. Not that it matters, the unit is clearly faulty.

After that I didn't muck about: I called tech support in Australia this morning. After explaining the situation it was pretty clear the only solution was return of the buds & case for replacement. Received the paperwork & return label to do that 5 minutes later so will be mailing the current set back to Bose today. 

It looks like Bose knows there seems to be a consistent fault and it seems they are reacting accordingly. Here's hoping the replacement unit is of a latest production run where the problem is solved. 

3 REPLIES 3
DKDC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Re: Multiplying issues so finally a call to tech support

I am now on my third set. They last about 2-2.5 months and then one will never go above 48%. This is getting tiring.
deedub68
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2015

wow, that's....not encouraging.

This *has* to be a software issue: there are so many of the same IDENTICAL problem that it must be a deficiency in code somewhere. Hopefully a patch / firmware update will fix it.

QC-Kiwi
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

It could be a software (firmware) issue with either the sleepbuds and / or the charger case. But equally it could be a component failure of some kind in the sleepbuds or the charger case.