Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Re: My magnet fell off

My magnet just fell off the right bud for the third time. This along side the charging issue and the left sleepbud housing coming off is obvious why these are being discontinued.

For the magnet, just use a pair of plastic tweezer and a small blob of superglue to glue them back onto the bud. It should last a couple of months before it needs doing again.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: My magnet fell off

This is my second set of Sleepbuds where the magnet has detached from one bud (right, this time) and the bud will no longer maintain contact with the case in order to charge. I know that the replacement Sleepbuds ended on Dec. 31 and have just been hoping & praying that nothing would happen!! Reaching out to the community to see if any other Sleepbuds enthusiasts have had this problem and found a viable solution. 

I have been able to rig the bud to maintain contact with the case in order to charge by placing an object (my digital thermometer in this case, which has a curved shape that can rest on a hard surface like the case and curve up over to sit Perfectly on top of the bud). However, this isn’t a “fix” as the case keeps timing out or something when it is left open. The Indicator lights go out, I have to remove the thermometer, close the lid, open the lid so the indicator lights come back, readjust the thermometer to ever-so-perfectly allow the bud to maintain contact to charge.  And then repeat until it is fully charged.  Obviously not sustainable. 

Anything else work for others?