deve52
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

No Noise Isolation on the Sleepbuds!!

Hi,

I've used the sleepbuds twice! Yes, just the two times....I'm using the medium Sleep Stayhear+ tip size, because that's the tip size I use on my QC20's and QC30's. With the sleepbuds comfortably fitted, the external sounds actually  become louder!!?? At night, when I first used them, not only was I getting the sound from the buds, but I could still hear my neighbour, living above me, doing his nightly ritual of making a lot of noise! The result was a disturbing cacophony inside my ear- I found it unbearable! Consequently, instead of getting a night's sleep, I had to remove the sleepbuds, and go back to my foam earplugs. I repeated the process again, on another night- again, a very disturbing experience.

I don't think changing the tips will make any difference, because the lack of noise isolation will be the same.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do in this situation? Are there any third party tips, like Comply, that I can buy, which will increase the noise isolation?

If you know anything, anything at all, that might ameliorate my situation, I would be deeply grateful if you could reply to this message.

Cheers,

Thomas.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: No Noise Isolation on the Sleepbuds!!

Hello Deve52,

Thank you for writing to the community, we are very sorry that you are having this issue with your Noise Masking Sleepbuds. 

I would firstly recommend that you use the correct size eartip. I have issued a video here which will guide you to ensure you are using the correct tip. 

We are unable to help assist with any third party tips however I'm sure someone in the community will be able to assist with any finds they believe are useful. You might also want to experiment with the audio files which are in the Bose Sleep Library to see if these provide any better results for you.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. 

Tegan M - Community Support