Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2020

Noise Masking Sound requests and questions

Sleepbuds II are the comfiest headphones I've worn - much better than my AirPods when trying to sleep.

However, blocking out noise only addresses one problem. By listening to spoken words (such as in Podcasts), it also helps to break the internal dialogue of speech in the head; the internal thoughts that that can keep many people awake.

This is my main problem, and the Sleepbuds II don't help because they can't play bluetooth audio. Is it possible that there might be a software update to enable this? If not then, as comfy as they are, I will need to return them and go back to my less comfy but more effective Apple AirPods.

Many thanks,

Dean

65 REPLIES 65
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

New sounds for Sleepbuds II

Greetings. Yesterday I pre ordered the new Sleepbuds II. While on the Bose website, it has a link to sound samples. Two of the new sounds, Outbound, and Fabled, are not present when you click on the link. Just the original 10 sounds that shipped with the Original Sleepbuds. Where can I find an actual working link to the new sounds that will ship with the new Sleepbuds II?

Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Re: New sounds for Sleepbuds II

I think they can be found here, about half way down the page under "Sample a selection of specially engineered sounds"

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/wellness/noise_masking_sleepbuds/noise-masking-sleepbuds-ii.html...

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Thank you for the link, much appreciated.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

Sleepbuds II - Biaurnal beats in library?

I am interested in the new SleepBuds II, but would like to know if the sound library contains any tracks containing Biaurnal beats?

If not, can this be added by Bose or the User?

Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Yes, Thank you.

I think several of the new sound files are an improvement over some of the older sounds.

I was also happy to find that my three personal favorites from previous files had made the cut.

Pre-ordered and now the waiting begins.

Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: Sleepbuds II - Biaurnal beats in library?

I don’t think they’re that clever an earbud to be honest, as they won’t hit the frequencies you require for binaural beats to work. I also think the sound loops are too short. 

Re: Sleepbuds II - Biaurnal beats in library?

Hello Randygoldstein,

Thank you for your question, glad to hear you're excited for the Sleepbud II launch.

The Bose Sleep app includes noise-masking sounds, engineered specifically to cover unwanted sounds; Tranquilities, relaxing tones meant to calm a racing mind to help the user transition to deep sleep; and Naturescapes, sounds such as gentle rain meant for relaxation.

It is not possible to download your own sounds, as all sounds are provided by Bose within the Bose Sleep app to optimize the masking and/or relaxation experience. However, if you visit the Bose Sleep app’s Sound Library, you can access more sounds, where you can preview a sound in the Sound Library before transferring it to the earbuds. New sounds and content will be added to the Sound Library over time. 

As for Binaurnal beats, we do not have reports on this specific audio being available, but I'll be more than happy to pass the suggestion onto our development team for consideration. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

Which Noise Masking Sound is Best to Mask out Low Frequencies? Sleepbud 2's

Hello,

My sleepbud 2's just arrived and I have downloaded most of the available sounds from the "Noise Masking" section on the App. I primary bought the sleep bud 2's to drown out external Low frequencies (I.E. loud car exhausts down the street). Which Sounds from the "Noise Masking" archive are best to drown out lower frequencies? I noticed the "Warm Static" was the most pleasing for me, as I like a constant, smooth noise, but I'm not sure if that will be best for my goals?

Thanks,

Craig  

Re: Which Noise Masking Sound is Best to Mask out Low Frequencies? Sleepbud 2's

Hi Crouhier,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It's great to hear you are enjoying your new Sleepbud IIs! I find which sound on the Sleepbuds is going to be best for masking particular sounds is very subjective. What works well for one person might not be the best for another person in a similar environment. 

What I always recommend doing is testing out the sounds yourself to see which works best for you. As you've found "Warm Static" to be the most pleasing, it's worth finding a couple of others that have a similar constant, smooth noise that you like and testing them out in turn at night and seeing which one does the trick best!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!