Cjih90
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: Enhancing some of the noise masking sounds request

I agree that some of the tracks are way too repetitive and they need to do better. I'm also having issues with altitude where you can hear a high pitch feedback coming and going every few seconds and circulate where the sound gets louder every few seconds. I can't even listen to these sounds because of it and I'm stuck with warm static .

Skfir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Yeah, totally agree. The Bose people should also consider the fact, that many of the users, who need Sleepbuds need them EXACTLY because they have their ears on the sensitive side. So even more care is needed in terms of apparent loop repetitiveness. 

Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

So good that you have pointed this out, I have raised this directly with Bose and made this exact point to them. The very people who need these pick up sounds from neighbours, the heating pipes, street noise, people sleeping and general noises. I suffer severely from picking up on repetitive sounds during the night and fixate on the sound, becoming anxious and even sick to the stomach waiting for the next repetition. The same thing happens with many of the sounds with Sleepbuds 2, so much that I’m limited to just a couple of sounds I can use, which quite frankly isn’t good enough for something I’ve spent £230. To be at the sole mercy of Bose to support this product and care about the users is a concern, because they do not have the best track record. I have said to Bose, that for many of us, this is a medical grade device that reduces stress, anxiety and helps us sleep and therefore live an energised life the following day. Bose have advised they have no plans to improve the sounds as they do not receive enough feedback from users advising there is anything wrong with them. They have said they do read this thread though and will monitor closely to see if enough users raise similar issues and requests. Loads of us have said the sounds are too short and repetitive, even with the first generation, so it’s strange to have them say there is little feedback. The only thing we can all do is to keep posting our feedback and to also provide suggestions for solutions. Fingers crossed Bose will take us seriously and understand their users well-being hangs in the balance by how well they respond and improve the Sleepbuds for us. They are far from perfect for a £230 purchase, I’m currently learning to live with them rather than loving them. 

Skfir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

There are a number of reviews on Google Play, which also complain about repetitiveness of some noise masking sounds. So apparently the body of such feedback is rather beefy. Hopefully Bose guys will hear us. Besides, being a musician myself, I see no major difficulty in making a certain sound loop longer and smoother. It is like baking a cake: no matter if you makes a large cake, or a half-size cake, basically it takes the same amount of time to mix and measure all the ingredients and then wait by the oven 🙂 So it cannot be an expensive/super-difficult/long-time-consuming task to do.

Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

They will argue that they cannot change them because you can only load a certain number of files due to memory limitations. I think you’ve already seen my suggestion to provide us with a ‘sounds studio’ to allow us to pick between short, medium or long loops. One long loop might well take up half the memory, only allowing us to have a couple loaded, but that’s our choice as users, just let us pick instead of forcing us to use just short repetitive loops. I’d rather have two decent length loops on my buds than ten, eight of which I can’t use because they’re too repetitive and I pick up on sounds looping. 

Drejkemp@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Re: An idea to make sounds customisable for the user

I like this idea but would also like Bose to expand the library since you can’t listen outside the app. I would value meditation- helps me get to sleep.

Keith_L

Re: An idea to make sounds customisable for the user - please post your comment for Bose to listen

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

We are planning to add more content to the Sound Library through future software updates, so it's great to get feedback on what sounds and features you would like to see going forward!

@Denziloshamen, I really like your suggestion about the "Sleep Sounds Studio", it's a really interesting idea. As sleep is something that is very personal, having the ability to personalize the sounds available is certainly a feature I'm sure other users would find useful.

I can't guarantee whether these features are something that can be added to the app and the Sleepbuds, but I'll be sure to pass all these suggestions on to our development team so they know what you all would like to see added!

Please do continue to add any further ideas you have for what we can add to the sound library to make the Sleepbuds even better for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: An idea to make sounds customisable for the user - please post your comment for Bose to listen

Thank you for all the feedback and responses, and thank you to @Keith_L for providing a response from Bose. I think it’s clear from many of the responses to my suggestions, and from the feedback throughout the rest of this forum, the sounds and options are just not there yet for the users to feel they have a full and complete sleep aid. This is more than just a pair of headphones or a speaker, we’re talking about a well-being product. Bose, you owe it to your supporters, now you seem to have nailed the hardware, to work with us on the software. There’s been a few comments of ‘game changer’ if my ideas were implemented and I’m not trying to,sell the ideas because they’re my own, but I just know they are the solution to elevate the Sleepbuds from a niche experiment to a fully fledged sleep solution. A lack of sleep can destroy people’s lives, I truly believe the Sleepbuds can change the lives of thousands if only they had the ability to be more personalised to the user. 

I think I’ve said it before, I currently feel like I’m just learning to live with the Sleepbuds. I don’t love them, but I really want to and know there is potential for them to be perfect this time around. 

as you can also see, you have some passionate customers wishing to help with development. I’m sure you’ve got your own teams, but nothing can prepare internal testers for real world usage by people brimming with feedback and ideas. We would happily test new app features via apple’s TestFlight (and whatever the solution is for android testing) given the opportunity. 

Skfir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Exactly. Can't agree more.

Skfir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Absolutely! Besides I have decades of sound engineering past. I will happily test whatever beta, alpha etc.