Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Re: An idea to make sounds customisable for the user - please post your comment for Bose to listen

I'd like a genuine brown static sound. A continuous very warm static with no other elements in it. Warm static was beautiful on your original Sleepbuds. I do not understand why it's so different now on Sleepbuds 2, with a clear looping variation in the tone and overall at a higher pitch. Please add more static monotone sounds.

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Re: An idea to make sounds customisable for the user - please post your comment for Bose to listen

Another point is that the Warm Static sound on sleepbuds 2 is more aggressive than on the original one. On the originals Warm static is a gentle and calming fuzz. On sleepbuds 2 it has a sense of urgency and keeps you alert. Please fix!

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

I agree. Most sounds are highly annoying because I can detect a loop. 

Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

It's not going to happen.

I've used the Sleepbuds since V1 became available.  Since day #1, this forum has had posts from numerous users complaining about the obvious 10-second loops, and asking for simple white/pink noise as an alternative.  Any claims by Bose that they still haven't had enough "feedback" are completely disingenuous. 

In all this time, Bose's response has been nothing but more loops, emphasizing nature sounds and new-age pseudo-music, while totally ignoring the requests for plain noise.  In fact, for V2 they made Warm Static even loop-ier, and that really annoys me because I use that sound exclusively.  They've also declined to open their sound file format so that knowledgeable users could create their own tracks and share them with the user community.  

Frankly, I think the product people at Bose just laugh at our comments here, and have long ago decided that these gimmicky loops are what sell the product, while differentiating it from low-cost "white noise generators".     The development cost to add a track of simple white noise would be close to zero; they've simply decided not to do it. 

Bottom line, we're wasting our e-breath here.  I continue to look for a better product elsewhere, one that's sincerely aimed at helping people sleep by simply giving them the options they already know they want and need.  

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

great idea! please, Bose, listen to us! I'm honestly thinking of sending back the sleepbuds.

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Fully support these ideas, I don't find any of the current sounds helpful for sleep other then warm static. Pure pink/white/brown noise need to be created, reviewed by users and made available on the app as a matter of urgency. 

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

I will pass it onto the team for you. At Bose we are always improving our products based on customer feedback so thank you so much for sharing! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

Feature request Sleepbuds II Tone Generator

Blank

Re: Feature request Sleepbuds II Tone Generator

Hey Sylvan, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I'd love to raise this feature request for you for the Sleepbuds II. 

If you could please let us know a little more about this feature you wish to add, it would be very helpful! 

I'd also love to hear from any other members of the Community that would like to see this, or any other features added.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Re: Feature request Sleepbuds II Tone Generator

This request fits well into the concept of making SB sounds customizable. I personally don't need a _tone_ generator per se, but a _noise_ generator would be a great thing to have.