unconstituted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Any new sounds released since summer on the Bose Sleep App? Also what's your experience on 'Buds II?

Just got the Sleepbuds II as a Xmas gift and am wondering whether to keep them before opening. 

I'm a massive supporter of this tech, what Bose is doing here is more important than all the pointless yearly mobile phone revisions and incremental tech in my view. Although they're just buds that make noise, they're the perfect example of how micro engineering can lead to a breakthrough that improves lives.

However, I spent a whole year and a lot of money buying multiple Sleepbuds I and Bose were amazing every step of the way always sending me replacement pairs. It's trouble for me and for Bose doing this though so although I'm tempted to just open them and get stuck in (I think there's a trial period?) I figured I'd ask around first.

I had magnet issues (my glue job was a mess unfortunately, though many more skilled users did better), and charging issues mostly. I had the odd ticking thing on the first pair that later pairs didn't have. 

I'd also like to know if there's more sounds to the library now, think the last time I used the app was early summer this year. 

Thoughts?

Oh and thanks Bose for sticking it out and having another shot at this. Must cost a lot to R&D and get a lot of returns, really appreciate it!

Vicky_W

Re: Podcast on sleepbuds

Hey Dean, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forums. 

I am so glad that you love the comfort of your Sleepbuds II. They will not stream your own music, audiobooks or podcasts. Instead, they play specially curated relaxation content to help you fall asleep and masking sounds to keep noises from disturbing sleep. In order to achieve a form factor small enough to be comfortable for sleeping and accommodate a battery that can support sound playback for an entire night, we made the conscious design decision not to stream audio to Sleepbuds. Instead, the sound files are stored on each of the earbuds and played back locally, dramatically extending the audio playback time achievable in this tiny form factor.

I hope this helps explain things. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Moreteaforanne
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

Hi Vicky,

I agree with Dean here, I received these as a gift and love how comfortable they are. Unfortunately the app is a huge disappointment, especially for people who need distractions from our overactive brains in the middle of the night. 

Will Bose consider adding Sleep Stories or figure out a way to work with an app like Calm so we can have access to their content in the Bose app? 

if Bose is going to charge $250 and require customers to only use their app, the app needs to be way more robust. I don’t want to send these back but will have to if the app doesn’t have some sort of sleep stories. I would be okay with a “coming soon” if it’s not something that can be added in the next month or two. 

Thanks for reading. 

Vicky_W

@Moreteaforanne, welcome to the forums! Thanks for your feedback, I would be more than happy to pass this onto the development team for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Blondiexx
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

Re: An idea to make sounds customisable for the user - please post your comment for Bose to listen

Perhaps Bose could consult a sleep Neurologist to find out what noise blocking sounds do not disturb sleep stages .

As it stands I'm unable to sleep with any of there noises all night therefore disturbed early put them in and further disturbs sleep wake cycle.  The only mildly effective one is static . The brain cannot tolerate the current sounds all night . Pls update Bose as I need to return these soon from the trial . I asked lots of questions prior to purchase with zero help  on what's app assistant refused to respond unless I entered full conversation at nocturnal time due to your time difference I'm in the UK 

Ears
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Re: An idea to make sounds customisable for the user - please post your comment for Bose to listen

I agree with this previous post. The only noise that doesn't disturb my sleep is Warm Static. Unfortunately I cannot even use it anymore as bizarrely I can hear chimes playing a melody in the background (mentioned in other threads)

Occasional Insomniac
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

I completely agree. If a noticeable "reset" sound interrupts the flow of the loop, the length of the loop being longer would help. Also, I agree with the idea of being able to "sculpt" the sound on the app to help mask tinnitus more effectively.

rtqdhuffman
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Bose Sleepbuds II - binaural beats?

Do the new sleep buds have binaural beats included in the available sounds? If not is Bose planning to add?

I had a pair of the original sleep buds and loved them but returned them just before the end of 2019 as they did start to show signs of battery issues. Since then I've discovered binaural beats to listen to for sleep and really prefer to the sounds in the Bose sound library. I'd go buy the sleepbuds II in an instant as they were very comfortable for sleeping with if they have dream binaural beats in the available sounds. 

Hope8184
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

New Sound Request for Sleep Buds II - Bedtime stories

The sleepbuds have various kinds of white noise, which is great, but there are some apps now that provide "bedtime stories" to help people fall asleep.  They have someone read a "story" (sometimes a fairytale, sometimes something more boring) slowly and calmly and it give your mind something to focus on while you drift off.  I cannot fall asleep to one of these stories though and then also use the Bose sleepbuds to block out noise throughout the night.  It would be amazing if you had bedtime stories on the sleepbuds that transitioned to white noise at the end.  

MuzzaGuzza
Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Re: Bose Sleepbuds II - binaural beats?

Yes please, hopefully Bose will consider this in the near future! That would be awesome, +1 thanks!