Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

Hi anthony_harvey1,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would continue to work with your local support for the best resolution. If you haven't already I would recommend contacting the Sleepbuds team directly. Please call our Sleepbuds Support line at (800) 905-1273.

Regards,

Tony G

AJwatt
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

Hi,

I am having the same issue. The Left bud doesn't charge past 48%. I have reset, then updated the charging station but it continues to not charge past 48%. 

I got these from a local department store in Australia, Myer. 

They initially fully charged and were fine for the first few weeks, but then they had this issue. Will another firmware update help or do they need replacement?

anthony_harvey1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

When I spoke with Bose support they asked me to send them back for replacement. I asked would the replacements have the same issue and they told me they had 'improved' them and guarantee the issue wont happen again. This suggests that this is a hardware issue 😞

Col127
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 3, 2019

I backed this product on Indiegogo and have been using it since the prototype stage. There’s a serious manufacturing flaw. I think this is the third pair I’m on (all replaced by Bose) and they’ve all exhibited this issue eventually. It’s extrmeely frustrating. My latest pair now has it too, but I got this a few months ago. I’m on firmware 2 and reached out to Bose last week with zero response. Extremely disappointed with Bose. Always have loved their products and this one is very unreliable.

Highlighted
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Interesting. So what next? Mine don't hold enough charge for one night.
yobose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2018

I called customer service a few weeks ago and gave them serial #. They sent me a new one which has been working perfectly so far. They obviously know the bad ones by the serial # so call them to check.

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Thats good. I thought asking for the serial number was just a standard question they asked.
Lytton
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

I agree with your comment. There are so many similar comments on this and other threads. Clearly there is a widespread generic problem, with no easy fixes. Probably poor quality batteries or wiring problems, or a mixture of the two. When something likes this happens in the auto world there is usually a recall process. Will we see this come? Bose mgt seem to be taking this lightly to date but it is potentially very damaging. Bose needs to respond more comprehensively and do more than ‘researching the problem’. BTW, I have been offered a replacement item but will it be free of the problem? And at least 2 weeks for delivery. Not confidence building re Bose. I have other Bose products which have been fine but these sleepbuds have been the worst.

Ronsil
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

I too have the same problem exactly as described, mine is the left bud and will not go over 48%, sometimes less! Cant get a nights use out of them any more!
I have tried all of the troubshooting tips several times and reset case and so on. 
I have contacted Bose support via their website contact form twice now with no reply at all 😞 I have tried to call too but was on hold for ages and had to hang up as I am at work. 
I bought these 3 months ago for £220 hoping they would be the solution I was after but proving to be troublesome! 
Not sure what to do now, the retailer I got them from told me to contact Bose but that seem pretty tricky itself! 
Very disapointing. 

agreene
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

It sounds like I have a similar problem to many others in this forum.  My left sleepbud will charge, my right will not go above 48%.  I have also tried all the "tricks" - making sure the case is fully charged, making sure the sleepbud is properly on the connections, resetting the charging case with a pin.  I have even tried taking the sleepbud out of the little holder to put it on the charging connections.  For sleebuds that are a significant cost, and not even 1 month old, this is extremely dissappointing.  I expect more from a Bose product.