PS72
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2019

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

Same issue here, since many weeks.

Tried updating firmware on the base (version 2 seems to address exactly that problem...), but no luck.

Right bud charges up to 49% only, then stop flashing (and charging).

Tried resetting the base at this point, charge goes on and eventually goes up to 100%.

I've noticed that the "faulty" bud connects immediately to the app, whereas the left bud (that is correctly charging to 100%), requires always to put it back on the base 2 times, then it connects.

Could it be an issue related to the bud remaining "powered on" on the base, and therefore consuming the charge while docked?

It's like the "faulty" bud is not switching off (or powering on automatically) after charge, therefore discharging?

PS72
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2019

Hello again,

It seems that this topic is somehow abandoned from any support here...

After many other tests, the right bud is definitively not charging over 49%, in any condition.

Asked for support where I've bought it: answer is that it will take at least 2 weeks.

That's bad, especially for this price.

I'll evaluate SONY headsets, which seem to deliver better quality.

Hi PS72, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Generally if the Sleep Buds are not holding a charge, we would advise to contact your local Customer Support Team for further assistance.

These issues have been raised previously and we are currently investigating this issue. We appreciate the feedback you have provided.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Highlighted
Lytton
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

I have sent mine off for replacement but that seems to be very slow. Also spoke to my local Bose store. They were inclined to discount the problem as a matter fixed by updates but we know that is not true. Pointed them to the complaints on this site and their tune changed. Yes, there is a problem, and we are replacing them onsite. But are those replacements trouble free. Can’t say. I agree this is a big problem particularly given the very substantial cost. I await the replacement promised but if not satisfactory I will ask for a refund. In Australia we have strong consumer laws about ‘fit for purpose’. I regret that Bose is so silent about the problem and communicating honestly with customers!

yobose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2018

I don’t know what’s so hard to understand here. Call Bose sleepbuds support, explain the situation, they’ll ask for the serial #, if it’s affected they send you a replacement, it’s as simple as that. I’ve been using the replacement for weeks with absolutely no charging issues anymore. 

cfisher
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

I know this is a months old post but I'm having the same issue.

Hi, cfisher.

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community. Have you tried contacting support by telephone? To find the appropriate number, please select your country from this list and click "Contact Us" from the menu at the bottom of the following page.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Matt oil rig worker
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

I work on an offshore drilling Rig off the coast of Indonesia. The Rig is incredibly noisy and I work night shift, the first trip I did on the rig I hardly slept, after a lot of research I decided to buy the Bose sleep buds on my way home through Singapore. I now have the right bud only charging to 48% and running out of battery half way in my sleep. I have had them for approx 3 months and am deeply disapointed after reading the feedback on the known problem. If I had known this was a common problem I would not have purchased them in the first place. I am now stuck on a rig for the next 2 weeks with a faulty sleep bud. Not cool Bose.

@Mohsin_S wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having. Let's try resetting the charging case by inserting a thin paper clip into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click. 

Place the sleepbuds into the case and let it fully charge. The left and right charging LED light should be solid white indicating fully charged. 

Let's remove the sleepbuds after this to turn them on, and let's check the battery percentages in the app. 

Check back with your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin - Community Support

Saundersguy40
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

Had my ear buds 3 months and left one not charging dispite me trying all the measures mentioned on this forum. BOSE seem to be aware that there is a problem with certain serial numbers. My SN number on the base of my charger case is SN078793283324225AE. Definitely faulty. Will try and repair through dealer.
Thebigblue88
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Having exactly the same issue.

Left bud only charges upto 48%. Got my buds in usa but living in Dubai at the minute. No help from customer support here. Its been months bose have known about this issue yet still no fix which makes me think its a hardware issue. Should issue a service issue on the website for product replacement if its the case. Absolute shambles from bose for an expensive product.