Lytton
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

@Thebigblue88 wrote:
Having exactly the same issue.

Left bud only charges upto 48%. Got my buds in usa but living in Dubai at the minute. No help from customer support here. Its been months bose have known about this issue yet still no fix which makes me think its a hardware issue. Should issue a service issue on the website for product replacement if its the case. Absolute shambles from bose for an expensive product.

It is clearly a generic problem. So many similar complaints. Only choice is return to Bose and they will/should replace. May take a couple of weeks. I have just done this in Australia and just received replacement. Testing tonight! Bose seems to be doing the right thing here. I wonder about those with international purchases! Good luck, keep pressing for replacement.

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

But a lot of these complaints are regarding replacement pairs. If these don't work I was told there is no solution and no refunds. Great.
Ljb123
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

I have tried resetting the charging station. Both ear buds appear to fully charge, but when I turn them on the left is 100% and the right is 48%. Sometimes the right earbud is not recognized and it takes me a few tries to have that one connect.

Hello Ljb123,

We would recommend you take a look at this thread HERE. You may be able to find some helpful troubleshooting steps in this thread but if you do not get answeres We recommend you give you local Support Centre a call which they would be able to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Prince_O- Community Support 

Highlighted
Lytton
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

I sent my malfunctioning sleepbuds to Bose Sydney, by arrangement through Support, for replacement. Free postage and was told 2-3 weeks delay. That proved to be accurate, although a little long for simple replacement. New ones have to be charged and paired with phone app. You have to ‘forget’ the old pairing with the previous buds. A simple step but Bose doesn’t tell you that—you just get another copy of the original instructions. Performance: So far so good (2 nights). Charging seems better in case, and case charge is holding better. Sleepbuds are discharging in use  symmetrically—none of the previous rapid discharge in one or the other. Now to see how they go over the next few weeks. It seems the replacements are fully updated re software, but perhaps Bose could provide that advice with the replacements. I think Bose could provide a bit more information in the replacement process.

Lytton
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

1.  Talk to Support! You need replacement! 
  2. I sent my malfunctioning sleepbuds to Bose Sydney, by arrangement through Support, for replacement. Free postage and was told 2-3 weeks delay. That proved to be accurate, although a little long for simple replacement. New ones have to be charged and paired with phone app. You have to ‘forget’ the old pairing with the previous buds. A simple step but Bose doesn’t tell you that—you just get another copy of the original instructions. Performance: So far so good (2 nights). Charging seems better in case, and case charge is holding better. Sleepbuds are discharging in use  symmetrically—none of the previous rapid discharge in one or the other. Now to see how they go over the next few weeks. It seems the replacements are fully updated re software, but perhaps Bose could provide that advice with the replacements. I think Bose could provide a bit more information in the replacement process.
Lytton
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

• Hi, I don’t think that works for most unhappy customers.
  • I sent my malfunctioning sleepbuds to Bose Sydney, by arrangement through Support, for replacement. Free postage and was told 2-3 weeks delay. That proved to be accurate, although a little long for simple replacement. New ones have to be charged and paired with phone app. You have to ‘forget’ the old pairing with the previous buds. A simple step but Bose doesn’t tell you that—you just get another copy of the original instructions. Performance: So far so good (2 nights). Charging seems better in case, and case charge is holding better. Sleepbuds are discharging in use  symmetrically—none of the previous rapid discharge in one or the other. Now to see how they go over the next few weeks. It seems the replacements are fully updated re software, but perhaps Bose could provide that advice with the replacements. I think Bose could provide a bit more information in the replacement process.
Lytton
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Ask for replacement, no simple fix for problem encountered by many customers.

I sent my malfunctioning sleepbuds to Bose Sydney, by arrangement through Support, for replacement. Free postage and was told 2-3 weeks delay. That proved to be accurate, although a little long for simple replacement. New ones have to be charged and paired with phone app. You have to ‘forget’ the old pairing with the previous buds. A simple step but Bose doesn’t tell you that—you just get another copy of the original instructions. Performance: So far so good (2 nights). Charging seems better in case, and case charge is holding better. Sleepbuds are discharging in use  symmetrically—none of the previous rapid discharge in one or the other. Now to see how they go over the next few weeks. It seems the replacements are fully updated re software, but perhaps Bose could provide that advice with the replacements. I think Bose could provide a bit more information in the replacement process.

Lmmarmet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

So my left hand at bud only lasts an hour or two on full charge. I have used the buds probably 15 or so times. The first 8 times both worked, and then the left bud although it says it’s 100% lasts less and less time. First it was 6 hours, then 4, now I am down to 2. I only use them to travel and here I am using one ear bud and a traditional ear plug. Not ok for the $250 I paid. I tried everything in the troubleshooting guide. I contacted tech support and was given an email address and told I would hear something within 72 hours. Nope. No one ever responded. What gives?

Hi Lmmarmet, thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I would highly recommend calling the Service Center in your region to get a faster response. You can do this via clicking this link and selection the region you are currently in, then scroll down to Contact Us and there will be a telephone number for the service team in your region. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Hector_B Community Support