Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Noise-masking Sleepbuds. 

I would recommend giving your local customer service center a call and they will be more than happy to help you with these issues. 

For those who are unsure of their preferred contact center details,follow this link and select your country, scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see a 'Contact Us' link. 

@Lmmarmet in regards to your shipping, I apologize for the confusion. You only need to include your Sleepbuds and your charging case. I hope this clarifies things.

Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Joseph Huang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I got the same problem this morning. I bought it on 2/28/2019. WHEN UPDATE FIRMWARE RECENTLY.

Then this problem came out.

WHY always right buds can't charge up to 48%?

AS SAME AS others, I followed the S.O.P to reset charging case. that did not work.

problems might occoured on firmware updating.

I have lots of BOSE gadget. QC20.35.SPORT.....SOUNDBAR...

ONLY this earbuds got problems.

PLEASE UPDATE SOME SOLUTION TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

Community Manager

Hi Joseph Huang,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Sleepbuds. To clarify, I advise you to attempt the following troubleshooting steps should you be experiencing issues with the Sleepbuds charging:

- Make sure the Sleepbuds are connected properly to the charging case. The contacts should be aligned and the lights on the outside edge should flash while charging, or solid if fully charged
- Check the charging case battery indicators to make sure that the battery of the case isn’t depleted
- Make sure that the charging contacts for each Sleepbud are visible through the back of each StayHear+ Sleep tip
- Make sure there is no debris or wax buildup covering the charging contacts on the Sleepbuds or the charging pins in the case
- If the Sleepbuds have been exposed to high or low temperatures, let the sleepbuds return to room temperature and then try charging again
- Reset the charging case (with Sleepbuds in the case) by inserting a paper clip in the back of the case until you feel a click

Should the issue persist, I encourage you to reach out to product support in your region via our Global website HERE, select your region and use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page to explore available service options.

Kindest,

Andy B

Billbo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

I have the exact same issue left earbud only charges to 45% with only 7 hours of runtime

Hi Billbo, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I would recommend taking a look at Andy's post above for troubleshooting steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Firefly412
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

I had an issue with slow connection of the sleepbuds to the app as well as the right bud not charging past 50%. The left bud always charged to 100% normally. I reset the charging case with a paper clip and things seem to be working better now. It’s up to 60% battery on the right bud now after 30 minutes, and I will monitor. Sleepbuds were purchased online in May’18 and received in June’18. 

Firefly412
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

I guess I spoke too soon. Right sleepbud still not charging past 48%. Called customer support on a Saturday and spoke with Josh. Easy to understand and felt he had a good knowledge base of the item. He said this is a recurrent problem and they would honor warranty and send me a UPS mailing voucher so I could send them back. They will send me a new complete set of Sleepbuds. Unfortunately, it may be 10 days from the time I send them back. Not sure how I can sleep during that time, but I guess back to earplugs for a while. Wish they would do what the Aviation headset side does and just send out a new product, and trust that I will send the old ones back. 

Highlighted
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Agreed. I got told 14 days. Unfortunately if replacements don't work either it doesn't matter how nice the customer service is.
cphelanmn
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Exact same problem. Right earbud won't fully charge and won't make it through the night.  This has to be a software/firmware problem. 

Jeannieb
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

I have had the buds for about 3 months, I love them. They also stated having charging issues, left only charges 58% I reset charging case, still doesn’t charge.