TO82
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2019

Re: Right bud only last 7 hours on full charge.

Have tried all the troubleshooting tips given on the platform and Bose help, seems the case actually discharges the buds after a while. No solution no response...so are we just supposed to get used to one bud working?
Community Manager

Re: Right bud only last 7 hours on full charge.

Hi all,

Whilst we appreciate your frustration, as noted earlier in the thread, this is not the expected behavior of the Sleepbuds. Should troubleshooting fail we encourage you to reach out to support in your region to arrange service on your system to seek a suitable solution as service cannot be scheduled nor accommodated via the Community Forums.

Click HERE, select your region and use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page.

Kindest,

Andy B

Mellzo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

My experience has been identical to yours. The right bud only charging to 48% but it was only adhoc and didn't concern me too much as the 48% would get me through the night. In the last week it is dropping its charge really quickly - same as what happened with you. Did you get it sorted??

Mellzo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Did you get a solution? Mine is doing the same thing.

Juantana
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2019

Sadly I have not heard back after a week of sending them an email - I wil send a second one as well as phone tmw.

TedHarrison
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

I’ve been experiencing the same issue for a month now, and I can report the following with predictable outcomes, so I’m thinking this is a code fault with the charging firmware, not a hardware fault, so please pass this on to the coding engineers.

My left sleepbud started to not charge, just like for many people over a month ago.  The dock would report fully charged with all lights on solid, when infact the right bud is 100% and the left bud hasn’t charged at all; I know this because opening the app on the phone, and holding down the ‘reset’ pin at the back of the charging dock allows the buds to connect to the phone.  If it’s showing 54% what is actually happening is one bud has 100% the other has 4% (the 100% is a total of the two)

After trying a few different combinations I have been able to get the following every night.

Dock the sleep buds in the morning, left one first, then right.

Click and hold the reset pin while the dock is USB connected and the buds are in the dock.

Release the pin after a few seconds, and if the middle light of the charging dock lights up BEFORE all 5 lights come on, you’re good to go.  Let it charge.

Check around 6pm, by opening the app, and click and hold the reset pin.  They should show 100%.  If they don’t, leave the buds docked, and let go of the pin, and the charge will continue.

@Tony_G as I’ve been able to do this every night for three weeks, it can’t be a hardware fault.

Hi TedHarrison, 

Thank you for sharing your solution with us in the community! 

I'm glad to hear this has worked for you! Hopefully, it will help some other of our community users. 

I will pass this onto the department. If anyone else has tried this and it was successful, please let us know! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Joseph Huang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Although feel that this method is incredible, such as putting the left ear first, then the right ear...etc

BUT IT WORK FOR YOU. Congratulations

-------------------------------------------------------------------

BOSE obviously treats the buyer as a test engineer.
Let buyers keep in "try-error loop" and find new ways to get SOME NEW SOLUTION.

However, I have never seen BOSE propose a solution.

Highlighted
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

lol

Ridiculous.

Can I just have my money back.
TedHarrison
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

It’s a generation 1 product, they can’t know how to fix things they haven’t seen before, so yes of course we’re relied upon to tell them what breaks, what works and what doesn’t.  It’s not a ‘someone else’s problem’ world any more.