Highlighted

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

Hi c3LL4r_d00r, 

Thanks for your post. I am very sorry to hear that the Sleepbuds didn't live up to your expectations. 

I would recommend reaching out to our support team via the contact us page on our website to proceed with seeking a refund as we aren't able to assist on this issue via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Hi @TedHarrison / Bose Support / and whoever else has this issue

I was having similar issue with just my right bud, that would not charge beyond 58% even if I left it there for days. 100% on left, 58% on right. As soon as you remove it off USB to travel - the charging case would just constantly try to charge it ending up in a case that will be flat pretty quick. 

Nothing worked, updated buds and case to latest version, and reset case via pin, reset device. 

I followed your steps listed before sending it into support for a replacement and it seems to have brought me back to 100% on both sides now fully charged. 

Not sure how long it will hold if this is a firmware/software issue - but hopefully there's a fix issued soon. Thanks for posting the fix and I'll update if it goes back to not charging again to figure out how to replicate the issue. 

Cheers!

Adrian

------------------

@TedHarrison wrote:

I’ve been experiencing the same issue for a month now, and I can report the following with predictable outcomes, so I’m thinking this is a code fault with the charging firmware, not a hardware fault, so please pass this on to the coding engineers.

My left sleepbud started to not charge, just like for many people over a month ago.  The dock would report fully charged with all lights on solid, when infact the right bud is 100% and the left bud hasn’t charged at all; I know this because opening the app on the phone, and holding down the ‘reset’ pin at the back of the charging dock allows the buds to connect to the phone.  If it’s showing 54% what is actually happening is one bud has 100% the other has 4% (the 100% is a total of the two)

After trying a few different combinations I have been able to get the following every night.

Dock the sleep buds in the morning, left one first, then right.

Click and hold the reset pin while the dock is USB connected and the buds are in the dock.

Release the pin after a few seconds, and if the middle light of the charging dock lights up BEFORE all 5 lights come on, you’re good to go.  Let it charge.

Check around 6pm, by opening the app, and click and hold the reset pin.  They should show 100%.  If they don’t, leave the buds docked, and let go of the pin, and the charge will continue.

@Tony_G as I’ve been able to do this every night for three weeks, it can’t be a hardware fault.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Been trying to charge my sleep buds several times. The case is connected to the electric plug, fully charged itself. My left earbud shows it’s fully charged, but the right earbud can’t charge above 58% (can’t even download any update since you need to be at least at 60%) ! It is stuck and I’ve been trying to reset it several times using a pin... What’s wrong here ?
Highlighted

Hello Lamouniche,

Thanks for reaching out and behalf of everyone here I would like to welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue with charging your Sleepbuds. If you have tried all troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in this thread, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Update -

No luck, despite being able to charge both sleepbuds to 100% in the morning - in the evening when taking them out of the case the buds showed 100% L | 58% R again. Tried resetting the case with buds both in and out of the case - no luck. 

Pretty annoying. Submitted ticket through to support. 

-----------
@Corianderus wrote:

I was having similar issue with just my right bud, that would not charge beyond 58% even if I left it there for days. 100% on left, 58% on right. As soon as you remove it off USB to travel - the charging case would just constantly try to charge it ending up in a case that will be flat pretty quick. 

Nothing worked, updated buds and case to latest version, and reset case via pin, reset device. 

I followed your steps listed before sending it into support for a replacement and it seems to have brought me back to 100% on both sides now fully charged. 

Not sure how long it will hold if this is a firmware/software issue - but hopefully there's a fix issued soon. Thanks for posting the fix and I'll update if it goes back to not charging again to figure out how to replicate the issue. 

Cheers!

Adrian

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

@TedHarrison, thank you so much for this information. I have been having similar problems, and contacted Bose but no one suggested any of these steps. In fact, they didn’t even suggest that I update the charging cases firmware, or explain how to do so, before they set up a return. I would have thought that the case updated via the app the same way the buds do.

Bose, you might want to add to your troubleshooting guide and your representative knowledge base.

I have no idea if this will solve my problems, but I now know that there were steps to be taken that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere else — and, frankly, if jumping through a few software hoops on my end (with the hope of an update down the line making these steps unnecessary) can help, I’d rather do that than be without my sleep buds for two weeks...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 6, 2019

Just so that you know, I am having the same problem, but with my RIGHT Sleep Bud. Exact same scenario! I sure hope these are in warranty too. I started something online last night and stopped when it said my product was no longer in warranty. I will calling them after the holiday, for sure. I already called a few weeks ago and they had me run through all of the trouble-shooting stuff, i.e. updates, resetting and all. I am at the point of getting back in touch with them for replacement now, I guess.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

As I indicated last night, I tried updating the case and I have double checked that the case, sleepbuds and app are all the latest software builds. Before, the left sleepbud would not charge. Now, it shows a full charge, but the RIGHT sleepbud will  not charge past 58%. This does seem to be a software issue and that should be fixable. I suppose I will go through with an exchange if the UPS truck ever shows up to take them from me, but I have recieved conflicting instructions on how to pack them. The UK team has told me to send in everything, as I would simply get a brand new pair sealed in a box, but an email told me to just send in the buds? It's kind of hard to follow Bose's instructions if those instructions change depending on where I ask.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Bought the sleepbuds a week ago and having the same problem. One bud says 100% charged while the other says 63%.
Highlighted

Hi Kaw143, 

Thanks for your post. You will need to send in the Sleepbuds as well as the charging case! I can only apologize for the confusion that has been caused. 

@phillies1980 Thank you for also posting and welcome to the community. I would recommend that you perform all troubleshooting methods that have been suggested on this thread, if the issue still persists after this then I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B