Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

While I was on vacation last month, my Sleepbuds, which had been working fine since being replaced late last year for the identical problem, developed the same issue - except for me it is the right bud that doesn't charge. I was intrigued to note that after I did the May 23 firmware update, the buds are charging to 100% again. There was no indication in the minimal release notes about this, but the problem has not recurred - yet.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

I had the same issues. Returned one set and actually purchased a second set in May. This current set I’m using seems to be working and charging consistently to 100% on both buds. We shall see. I’m hopefully optimistic that they have the issue corrected. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I finally caved and sent my set in for a replacement. Got them now and am going to try not updating firmware at all (out of the box charger/sleep bud firmware). 

I have the current app. It's only been a couple weeks and it's still working as expected. One immediate thing I've noticed is that the sleepbuds are connected before (or instantly) when I pull them out and open the app. My previous set always had about a 5-10 second delay when you see the image pulsing and searching for sleepbuds. 

Will avoid updating firmware unless something breaks for now.. will update if any issues come up. Good luck everyone who is experiencing issues! Hope it gets fixed soon. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 15, 2019

I have the same problem. I have completed the firmware update on the base unit and can confirm that it made absolutely no difference. The left hand bud still failed to charge beyond 58% and went off, last night, after 4 hours. I have also noticed that right hand bud is much quieter than the right. I checked all the basics to make sure nothing was interfering with the sound, such as the position of the bud inside the ear retainer etc, but could not resolve it.

I am getting very frustrated with this fault and have exhausted all advised options trying to resolve it:-
  • Updated iPhone app (several times)
  • Reset the base unit (several times)
  • Updated the base unit firmware via the Bose website app

There appears to be a fundamental design issue, based on the number of people reporting the same problem. 

I would welcome your anyone's advice on what needs to be done - assuming they solved the problem. 
Thank you
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 13, 2019

After experiencing the same issues and reading how other folks had gotten replacements, I finally called and then went to the customer service center. Without asking any questions they gave me a brand new box set (and just held on to my original case and sleepbuds). The new ones are working fine so far. Like others have noted, I think Bose is fully aware of the problems. You just have to go through the hassle of exchanging them.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

I've replaced the sleep buds for three times. One thing I've learned about that it's a good thing you have local bose support center, otherwise you'll have to mail them and wait for a dozen of days to get a new one back.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Thanks for the advice. I’m living in Japan and experienced the same issue - one of the sleepbud remaining stuck at 58% charging in spite of many attempts to reset. I need to find the closest Bose customer center in Tokyo but the JP Bose website is in Japanese with no English translation... Can the worldwide customer center help me out please ? Thanks.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Sure thing. There are several in the general area, but this is the closest to central Tokyo as near as I can tell. 3-6-1 Ginza, 7F, Chuo, Tokyo, 104-8130, Japan. Phone number is +81 3-3567-8330. (I’m guessing you dont need the +81, as it is a country code, but I don’t know, so I’m including it. Here is a link to the google maps entry I got when searching. I doubt if it will work on your browser, but the above address should. My store was very good about replacing the buds, without question.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en-us&client=safari&trex=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&entry=s&sa=X&fti...

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Seem to have found a potential work around: switching the earbuds in the recharging case (same side up, but left in right place and right in left).  This will overcome the 60% limit on the left earbud.  This suggests problem is not in the earbuds, but in the recharging case and/or the software - for some reason the left recharging terminal appears to stop recharging at around 60%.

Silent Starter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Thank you so much ! Hope they speak some basic English as my Japanese is non-existent 🙂