Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

Good luck! I’m certain they are at least aware of the issue, and that should help with whatever translation issues that might exist. At least, I hope so!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I bought a second pair of sleepbuds after having the charging issue with my left bud. So I had 2 sets to compare and fault find with. I studied electrical engineering. I have been able to “fix” my issue, or rather have a work around. It is not a software problem as some has suggested on the forum. It is a hardware problem with the buds batteries. The solution is to “jumpstart” the malfuctioning bud. To do this plug in the charging case to AC power. Place the offending bud on the terminals for about 15 seconds. Then remove the bud and immediately place it back again. Do this for about 3 minutes. Alternatively instead of removing the bud you can reset the case every 15 seconds for about 3 minutes. This will “fix” the issue and sleep-buds should charge back to 100 percent on next charging cycle and keep their charge. As time goes by and buds go thru charging cycles they can go into lazy mode again. Repeat “jumpstart” procedure as needed. Ps 20 years ago I applied for a job at Bose, was turned down. Now Im fixing their problems and paying for it by buying 2sets. Hope I get at least a refund.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2018

BOSE-I am one of the Indiegogo backers. These buds will NOT CHARGE beyond 58% and now the website is saying they're out of warranty. FIX THIS NOW-THIS IS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

I tried Sleepman’s fix tonight - 100%. Here’s to hoping it works in the coming days... thanks for posting that!

Highlighted

Hi MLanclos, 

Thanks for posting and letting us know about your issue. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you attempt all troubleshooting methods that have been suggested in this thread. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Dear all,

I've purchased this device, less than 6 months ago.

the right bud does NOT CHARGE beyond 58%. I've tried to reset the case and charge them from ZERO % more than once, but nothing.
It keeps charging till 58% whilst the left goes up to 100%

This is not acceptable for a Bose product, is not a cheap device considering also that they have a limited function and purpose.

Please ADVICE ASAP!

One side note: I'm an affectioned client, have basically all your home products (5 speakers) and 3 other hear speakers. But lately, I'm getting too often disappointed because of such sort of malfunctions.

G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

I have had mine since November 2018 and can echo all the issues on here. I done all the troubleshooting and to make matters worse because the left bud only gets to 58% it’s hard to do the updates!!
Last night the left bud just disconnected whilst I was wearing it.
Very disappointed as this is a great product for light sleepers like me, but I would expect the product to work more consistently considering the brand and price!

There is clearly a design fault/product issue otherwise so many of us wouldn’t get the same issue! Sort it out Bose - please!
Highlighted

Hi @Monarca and @Lindsey8888,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are both experiencing charging issues with the Sleepbuds. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I'll do all I can to assist you. 

If you have reset the charging case and updated the firmware, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for service. Click the LINK HERE, select your country of residence and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

Please reach out to us again if there is anything else we can do for you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

My buds also have the 58% problem most nights, and other nights they serendipitously reach "100%".  Regardless, they tend to stay on for my 7-8 hours of sleep, so I'm wondering if they actually are >58%, and the app just doesn't register the correct amount.  This morning, the left one turned off after about 7 hours of sleep.  I put it back in the charger for just a few minutes, and it worked again for the next 2 hours of my sleep.  Go figure 🙂  So if they shut off on you, try popping the bud back in the case for just a short time, and see if it turns back on.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

Thank you- I will give it a try. I also have problems connecting the left bud to the charging case - much more difficult than the right!