Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

So, trying to get my head around the fact that it appears the maximum charge then becomes 58% (almost everyone mentions that, and that's also my experience). Would that still suggest a "lazy battery" or just something structurally wrong with the construction of the battery? Would be interested to hear your thoughts with your technical background. Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I am also having a problem with charging my sleepbuds.  My left goes to 100% but my right stops at 58% and the light continues to blink and never becomes a continuous light.  Further, it tells me that I will get 9 hours of operation at that level, but at best I get 3-4 hours.  My carrying case is stationary on a flat table so I do not think the issue is that the connection is being interrupted.  There seems to be something amiss with the right bud.  At first, I thought it was my fault somehow but after 3 nights in a row, I see that it isnt. How do I fix this or do I need a replacement bud? This is only 2 months old!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

so, with the reset it could get it fixed or not. If you get it fixed, it's usually not for long. I have gone through my third exchange now, on the last one I did demand that they sent the replacement first and then I'll return the faulty one, which they did agree to (Bose Netherlands that is). I think it makes life a lot easier if Bose just fixes the problem on a structural basis, I love the product it perform well, it's just a pain in the a. to have to these exchanges all the time

@pjbazil wrote:

I am also having a problem with charging my sleepbuds.  My left goes to 100% but my right stops at 58% and the light continues to blink and never becomes a continuous light.  Further, it tells me that I will get 9 hours of operation at that level, but at best I get 3-4 hours.  My carrying case is stationary on a flat table so I do not think the issue is that the connection is being interrupted.  There seems to be something amiss with the right bud.  At first, I thought it was my fault somehow but after 3 nights in a row, I see that it isnt. How do I fix this or do I need a replacement bud? This is only 2 months old!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

I got replacement buds about 17 days ago and I have been using them everyday since. This time I made sure that I did not update the firmware in the buds and the case. The manufacturing date says september 2018. I am running the latest bose app however. So far the buds have performed well without any problem. I miss the facility of phone free mode available only in the recent firmware, but I do not want to risk breaking the product with an update. Will keep updating on the progress...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

i have done the same. New buds, App updated but not the sleepbuds or the firmware. Mine been working now for 2months with no problems. Holding thumbs. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2019

Good Luck - Just rec'd my second pair, they said the process is faster now in under 2 weeks so clearly they are aware of all the issues.  I did update my app and the firmware, still working after 1 week - do you think the update process is cauinsg the issue?  It occurred on my first pair so I dont think it has anything to do with the content of recent updates?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Well, I did the reset using the paper clip deal.  It did cause my buds to register 100% charge and promising 16 hours of operation.  However, I awoke early this morning to realize that the left bud (not the right one previously stuck at 58%) had stopped, running out of juice.  So, I do not know what to think now.  I have no appetite for the whole ca;; tech support and sit on hold for an hour while someone from 8000 miles away runs me through impertinent nonsense.  I think I will just go to the mall this weekend and demand a replacement or refund.  From yours and the many other comments on this board, it is clear there is a design defect in this product. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I’ve had my second replacement 3 weeks ago. A week ago the right sleepbud won’t charge over 58%. The left goes to 100%. A reset doesn’t help the issue. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Wow, that is disappointing since I was getting ready to call them. It seems like the issues are not getting fixed by Bose. I may still call them tomorrow to see what they say. I need these buds for sleep so don't look forward to being without them for several weeks to only find out that the replacements may also end up being faulty. I noticed that mine only started having issues when I updated the firmware for the buds. Didnn't do the case until well after the issues started to appear. For me it can take several case resets for the faulty one to charge. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

The thing about these sleepbuds is:  they are quite comfortable, fit snugly and because there's no wires, are really much more pleasurable than using regular (wire) earbuds and putting sleep sounds on a Spotify loop all night, draining the phone battery.  However, if we cannot be assured the noise cancelling will last the night, they are essentially useless.  And at a pretty price!