tool22us
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

My left one seems to go to 70% and my right one seems to go to 69% but when on the case they’d appear to be fully charged. Anyone have any ideas.
199 REPLIES 199
N15663
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

Mine too—but to about 75%. Frustrating.
hsnewman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2018

I have a similar problem but I have determined that this issue is the bud is coming off of the connection.  I travel with these and I think that it comes off and then looks as if it is not charging but it actually was but then tries to connect and loses its charge.  It might be a different problem than you 2 are having but I just determined this. 

Hello,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having. Let's try resetting the charging case by inserting a thin paper clip into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click. 

Place the sleepbuds into the case and let it fully charge. The left and right charging LED light should be solid white indicating fully charged. 

Let's remove the sleepbuds after this to turn them on, and let's check the battery percentages in the app. 

Check back with your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin - Community Support

tshelton75@hotmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 23, 2018

I love these sleepbuds so I am sad to report that my right bud has started discharging in the charging base after reaching full charge. The right charge led is never solid, but I pulled the bud out at various times to see if it was charging, which it was. I have reset the charge base twice to no avail. What else can I do to fix this issue?  

Hi @tshelton75@hotmail.com,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear that! We know you love your Sleepbuds, we can definitely try to help you here. 

I see you've done some great troubleshooting already. Can we try to rerun an update on the charging case by visiting btu.bose.com from a computer? 

Please replace the Sleepbuds back into the case to verify they are fully charged before use. 

Let me know if this helps when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

JamesWJenks
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 9, 2018

My sleepbuds.....one works fine.  One says it charges.....for about 20 minutes......then it goes full light in the charger.  I take it out, the app says it is 2-3% charged.  Lasts for about fifteen minutes then dies.

Reset the charger....updated the charger.....reset the charger.....reset the charger again.

Recharged it....recharged it again.......reset it again.......sometimes it says it is 23% charged....for about two minutes....then 2-3% again and dying within a couple of minutes.

Please help......

Community Manager

Hi JamesWJenks,

Thanks for writing in!

Based on the troubleshooting you've performed, it does sound like there may be an issue with the headset itself.  Please reach out to our Sleep Buds support team and they will be able to assist you further.  Here is their contact information: (800) 905-1273 (Mon-Fri 9am - 9pm, Sat 9am - 7pm ET)

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Msalm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

I have followed all suggestions with resetting case & doing update. One earbud is still only charging to 49%. Nightly it shuts off after approx 7 hours. Please advise. Thanks

Hi Msalm,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about that. If you have tried all available troubleshooting and can't resolve your issue, I would recommend contacting your local Sleepbuds support real for help, Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support