Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2019

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

I noticed yesterday that the app had an update available so after struggling to get the charge in both over 60% I was able to update and I do notice now that when the buds are docked they will now flash independently of eahc other, so I am hoping that this will solve the problem - I'll post back and let everyone know if it resolves the annoying charge-drain issue.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

I contacted Bose support about this issue last week and was told that they were arranging for UPS to come to my home and pick up the sleepbuds. This would happen within two days. That was last Thursday, and there has never been a pickup.

Since that time, I have updated both the sleepbuds and the case, and these "fixes" just wound up making the problems I was having with the sleepbuds even worse.

I am incredibly frustrated by this situation. Not only am I not sleeping, I feel like I am being ignored by the company. This is not acceptable on any level, Bose. I'm not sure what else to do. I have followed the instructions on the website, I have followed the instructions I was given by the reps on the phone and I'm no closer to any resolution to my issue.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Kaw143,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced issues with charging your Noise-Masking Sleepbuds and have to process an exchange.

Depending on the region you're within, service options and their associated processes may vary. Within the USA, a pre-paid UPS shipping label is sent directly to you via email for you to print and attach to the packaging for the Sleepbuds, including all accessories such as StayHear+ Sleep tips and charging case/cable. From here, you can either schedule a collection via UPS by using the pre-paid shipping label's tracking number you received via email or post your parcel at your nearest UPS collection point. 

If you require any additional assistance with your exchange, I encourage you to reach out directly to support via telephone to discuss this further.

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

I had the similar issue. This is my third broken and replaced sleep buds, yet the same issue came up again and again. I am starting to think the product itself has its defects and not just some random quality issue.
I am wondering if Bose tech team can officially reply this issue and not just support team telling u to restart or replace the product.
This product is really important to my sleeps. This is product has its own problem, I hope at least tech team can acknowledge it and saying that they’re trying to fix this problem. Not getting anything useful is really letting me down about my faith for Bose
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

I have had my buds for 2 months, and now I am the newest member in the left-bud-won’t-charge club.  I have tried all of the suggested updates and fixes, as well as the sequence of steps that another user had posted earlier (putting left bud in case, then right, then pin-reset..).  I’m wondering if the buds ARE charging fully, but the app just isn’t registering it?  Last night, the left bud was at “53%” at midnight, I used them for 6 hours, and the charge in the morning was 52%!  How is that possible?  A 1% decrease after 6 hours of use?

Not sure if this is related to the beginning-of-the-end of my buds, but about 1 week ago in the middle of the night, my left bud suddenly made a lot of clicking noises (which woke me up) and then turned itself off.  I got it working again after putting it in the case and taking it back out.  That hasn’t happened again... yet.

I love these buds.  I want them so desperately to work.  I had hoped that my years of earplugs had finally come to an end.  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello toriellen,

Thanks for posting in the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Sleepbuds, however, I am glad you have been able to resolve them. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting suggested, I would recommend that you call the customer care team if the issues occur again as they will be able to go through service options with you. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

And yet another member of the 'left bud not charging fully' club.

This is so obviously a problem with the product, not us.

Yet again Bose do not care and keep making the customer do all the hard work.

Sort you issue out BOSE.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Update: my solution needed a bit of a tweak as I started to also go back into the ‘left bud not charging’ gang.

Have the app open, have both earbuds connected to the phone. Put them both in the dock and wait for them both to show as Disconnected in the app. Wait a few seconds, press and hold the clicker at the back. If they BOTH reconnect to the phone, they will both change. Let go of the clicker.

I notice that sometimes when I thought they were charging, pressing the clicker only shows the right one connected and the left one hasn’t charged even though the dock light says it has. So the fault lies somewhere in the code, with the left bud not connecting properly to the dock - not the power, the data connection.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

I am here to report the same issue of the left bud not fully charging in hopes that one more person complaining will speed up the fix. The left bud is not charging past 58% and when I go to connect them it says left bud not found. I then back out of the app and reconnect and they both connect however the left bud is not fully charged.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 13, 2019

I am also having the same problem. At first the right one was only charging to 58% even though the indicator light showed it to be fully charged. Then they both would only charge to 58% even though both indicator lights claim that they are fully charged. In use, the left one lasts for 6 hours, yet the right one stops working after only a few hours. I've tried resetting them as well as updating the software.