Highlighted
Jazztim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2019

One of my sleep buds won’t charge

The right sleepbud only charges to 48 percent. I cannot figure out how to use the update. I have an old MacBook and a new iPad. The iPad says to wait until it is announced and I did but the update was not completely successful so I need to do it again but I’m having problems downloading the updated. I also tried reset ing but that doesn’t work

2 REPLIES 2
Ev
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 14, 2019

Re: One of my sleep buds won’t charge

I literally have the same issue. My left ear bud only charges to 48%. 

Hoping someone can shed some light on a fix.

Re: One of my sleep buds won’t charge

Hi all,

Thank you for your posts. I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your Sleepbuds. 

@Jazztim In regards to updating your Sleepbuds. The Sleepbuds themselves can only be updated through the Sleep app. The charging case itself needs to be updated through btu.bose.com.

To update the sleepbuds, follow these steps:

1. The sleep app alerts the user that app that a product update is available by displaying an update icon
  2. Tap the update icon to start the update
  3. Wait while the sleepbuds update. This typically takes a couple of minutes. Do not put the sleepbuds in the charging case during this process
  4. When finished, follow the onscreen instruction. "To finish the update, place your sleepbuds back in the case. Wait for the lights next to them to pulse, then remove your sleepbuds."
  5. After removing the sleepbuds from the case, tap "Got it" and the sleepbuds should reconnect to the sleep app

To update the charging case, you will need a USB-A to USB-micro B cable:

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser. For a full list of compatible operating systems and browsers, see System update website compatibility chart
  2. Go to btu.bose.com
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater.
  6. Connect the charging case to your computer via USB. You may need to refresh the webpage for the updater to recognize that your product is connected
  7. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  8. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the case from the computer.

@Ev For this issue, I would strongly urge you to give your local Customer Service Center a call. You can find the details via this link. Select your country, scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a 'Contact Us' button which will present you with the contact details most appropriate to your location.

Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G