POOR SUPPORT and probably not fit for purpose under UK Consumer Rights Act 2015

Audible Advocate

POOR SUPPORT and probably not fit for purpose under UK Consumer Rights Act 2015

I bought my wife the Sleepbuds as an early xmas gift in October 2018, she was DELIGHTED.  Really absolutely delighted, she told many of our friends and really became a champion for the product – they are GREAT, when they work, and there’s the rub.

After three months use, one of the buds stopped fully charging.  It maybe reached 28%, which of course meant it only last a short while.

I came onto the bulletin board and could see this was a common problem.  I followed all the guidelines. Reset the charging box, updated the firmware etc.. no effect.

The Sleepbuds are now non-functional and not fit for purpose, however as my wife LOVEs them so much she would like a replacement pair to see if they would be any better.

We contacted the support line (0333-3000 112) and after 20 tiresome minutes with a person in the Philippines was informed we would have to send them back and they would send a new pair in two weeks. We spoke to a supervisor who maintained the same approach.

This is unacceptable.

Other expensive, premium product vendors do not function in this way. They send out a new product and you return the broken/defunct product in the same packaging.

I asked for a refund, maybe I could just go buy a new pair myself. She refused the refund as it was outside 30 days trial period.  I informed her that this was incorrect as the UK 2015 Consumer Rights Act, all products - including electrical goods - must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.  Clearly something costing in excess of £200 would be expected to function properly and last more than 3 months.  Therefore the Bose Sleepbuds fail that test.

The supervisor was not aware of UK laws, clearly!

Anyone any thoughts?

3 REPLIES

Re: POOR SUPPORT and probably not fit for purpose under UK Consumer Rights Act 2015

Hi mhudgell,

Thanks for posting. We understand you are frustrated and apologize for your experience so far.  Service options differ for each situation so it would be difficult to comment on them here. I would suggest continuing to work with your local support team for the best result for you so you can get back to enjoying your Sleepbuds!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Re: POOR SUPPORT and probably not fit for purpose under UK Consumer Rights Act 2015

Thanks for the feedback Tony, happy to work with a local support team in the UK.  How do I access, the local number gets me to a call centre in the phillipines ?  They only have one answer, which is unacceptable. There is no escalation route.

They would not discuss a refund (I would then buy a new pair). They do not understand UK law.

Mike

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

Exactly the same story here. The supervisor couldn't do anything else due to Bose 'policy' or whatever.