Highlighted
jamesnirmal_
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Problem of Ear Wax while using the Sleepbuds

Ear wax come out when I use Bose Sleepbuds overnight. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem of Ear Wax while using the Sleepbuds

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello @jamesnirmal_

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the Sleepbuds and would be happy to point you in the right direction.

If you are starting to experience a build-up of Wax on your buds, case, or nozzles, I would recommend the following:

1) Build-Up on the StayHear+ Tips: Remove the tips from the Sleepbuds, and wash them with a mild detergent and water. Please make sure you thoroughly rinse and dry these tips before re-attaching them.

2) Build-Up on the Sleepbud Nozzles: Clean these with a dry, soft cotton swab/cotton bud. Please make sure you do not insert and cleaning tool into the nozzle itself, and only clean around this.

3) Build-Up on the Case Charging Pins/Charging Contacts: As above, clean these with a dry, soft cotton swab/cotton bud, through a patting motion. Please do not clean the charging with any kind of wiping motion, as the force of this may bend the charging pins, or force moisture into the case.

4) Build-Up on the Charging Case itself: This can be cleaned as above with a cotton bud/cotton swab.

I hope this helps!

-Liam_W - Community Support

1 REPLY 1

Re: Problem of Ear Wax while using the Sleepbuds

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello @jamesnirmal_

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the Sleepbuds and would be happy to point you in the right direction.

If you are starting to experience a build-up of Wax on your buds, case, or nozzles, I would recommend the following:

1) Build-Up on the StayHear+ Tips: Remove the tips from the Sleepbuds, and wash them with a mild detergent and water. Please make sure you thoroughly rinse and dry these tips before re-attaching them.

2) Build-Up on the Sleepbud Nozzles: Clean these with a dry, soft cotton swab/cotton bud. Please make sure you do not insert and cleaning tool into the nozzle itself, and only clean around this.

3) Build-Up on the Case Charging Pins/Charging Contacts: As above, clean these with a dry, soft cotton swab/cotton bud, through a patting motion. Please do not clean the charging with any kind of wiping motion, as the force of this may bend the charging pins, or force moisture into the case.

4) Build-Up on the Charging Case itself: This can be cleaned as above with a cotton bud/cotton swab.

I hope this helps!

-Liam_W - Community Support