Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: Questions about ordering Sleepbuds II - Shipping, etc.

Although I have shipping confirmation and a tracking number for the delivery from UPS, which is due to arrive tomorrow, this seems to only be a label that Bose have created in Belgium and they have not yet handed my parcel to UPS to start the delivery process. It’s been stuck like this for 24 hours now, so really can’t see how I’ll be getting my Sleepbuds tomorrow as stated. However, these delivery companies have ridiculous systems in place to shift parcels around through the night, so I might be pleasantly surprised tomorrow (although I doubt they’ll arrive early enough for the recommended 6 hour charge before I can set them up and test them tomorrow night). 

Sugrat
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

My was ordered on 9/22 about 11 am (in the US), i should have taken a screenshot but i'm pretty sure it said shipping by 10/2 which came and went with nothing, this morning is the first time i've seen anything from them, when i track the order it says -

This item is in route to a Bose facility

So not sure what that's supposed to mean... but it's not a tracking number so i'm pretty sure mine has not been shipped yet so i'm guessing I won't be getting it anytime soon.

keitaroryu
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

I've placed my order 9/24 and mine still says "in processing" on my order page. I've been hearing that some reddit users posted with pictures on the Bose subreddit that they have received their sleepbuds 2 when they placed their orders in October. They were surprised since they all saw the notice that the buds could take up to 8 weeks to ship. So something is wrong here as its clear Bose is NOT shipping their sleepbuds in the order the orders were placed.

aprayiii
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

I just called Bose and was told:

1. Orders that were placed week of 9/7 are shipping now.

2. Orders placed 9/23 (as mine were) will ship 4-8 weeks after order date.

I really don't think that any order could be placed 9/7 so I am suspicious of the whole discussion.

Stolian
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

The Worst Customer Service

Hello,

On my third pair of original Sleepbuds. Called today to replace them (they are “working” in phone free mode - and magnet came off - I glued back on but have to be just perfect in case to charge now). 

Customer service tells me they’ll ship me a new set of Sleepbuds II approximately 4 weeks after receiving mine. Really?! How convenient!  So I ask to get the buds shipped to me and then I’ll return them the old discontinued ones (that will just be recycled anyway). I am told no. Ask to speak to a supervisor and I’m told they’ll call me back tomorrow, but “to measure my expectations the answer will be the same”.  Just wow. 

I’m just going to order new ones myself, as soon as I get them return the old ones, and then when my warranty pair comes in return the ones I purchased under the risk free 90 night trial. 

I even told customer service this “hey - I’m just gonna cost you money by ordering them myself and then returning for a refund”. They didn’t care. Does anyone think or provide good customer service anymore?  And if you’re worried about fraud - I’ve already been sent 2 pair before I returned the old ones and I returned them both. Bose is the worst customer service. 

oaklandm
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

Re: The Worst Customer Service

I have to disagree, I think the worst customer service would of been if they failed to offer any sort of replacement for you. 
Bose used to do the advanced replacement but when the Covid lockdowns started that’s when it seemed to stop. I had a pair replaced a few months ago and had to send mine in first, got my replacement a couple of days after they received mine which I thought was good, especially as they said up to 4 weeks for replacement.

Bose could of just offered you a replacement of first gen Sleepbuds so they are going out of their way to supply a free pair of 2nd Gen, these don’t release till the 13th Oct so that’s where a bit of the delay will come from. 
My first gen failed again a few weeks ago, they said 4 weeks then so you might even get them a bit quicker : )

Stolian
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Re: The Worst Customer Service

They have a 2 year warranty. So no, they aren’t just being nice.  You should expect more for your money 

keitaroryu
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Doesn't explain why people who ordered from Bose's website on 10/3 got theirs shipped next day. It's clear Bose will not acknowledge their fault.

I just canceled my preorder with bose and bought them off Best Buy (for the US). They have them up on their website and already has mine shipped out the same day I ordered (today). Don't bother with the headache. 

A second option is Amazon. They have it listed as preorder for Oct 19th release. I'm sure they actually will ship it out to you that day too.

Krissi
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Payment Options: Zippay

Hello!

Trying to preorder the Sleepbuds II, but can't use Zippay at checkout, despite the Bose website stating it's available.
With COVID-19 at the moment, I can't go in-store to pay, so is there a way to use Zippay at the checkout?

Thanks!

Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Just be aware that buying anywhere other than Bose negates you from the 90 day trial period. 

Im at least pleased my order is moving and quicker than expected here in the UK as they weren’t due to release here until 13th. Initially I had tracking emails confirming a delivery date of today (8th October) but Bose didn’t hand over the parcel to UPS for another 24 hours and so now UPS won’t be delivering until tomorrow (still early, but a bit annoying to be told one day and then get a day later simply due to slow hand over by Bose to UPS). 

This is just a bit of a heads up to anyone seeing and getting a delivery date to keep an eye on the UPS tracking page to see if there is movement as it may well take a whole 24 hours from your initial shipping confirmation to the sleepbuds actually physically being shipped.