Highlighted
TriDanDroid
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

Right bud disconnects during night

This is a bummer.  These things are exactly what I've been looking for.

I'm on my second set.  The first set did exactly the same thing.  They worked for a week or so exactly as depicted and exactly as wanted.  Greatest thing to help with sleep ever!

Then, sometime during the night, the right one stops playing and doesn't alarm in the morning.  Only the left one keeps going.

I've reset the case with the sleepbuds inside (paperclip in little hole beside micro-USB plug).

I've deleted and reinstalled the Bose software on my iPhone and re-paired the sleepbuds.

I've made sure the software for the case is up to date using the Bose Updater.

Every night at some point the right sleepbud will stop and will not come back on again until I put it back in the case, wait for the light, then take it back out.

As I said, this is my second pair.  First pair I returned for exactly the same thing.  Frustrating.

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Right bud disconnects during night

Hi TriDanDroid, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue would love to assist you further. 

I would firstly recommend that you disconnect the sleepbuds from the Sleep app and reconnect. This can be done via: 

• Open the Sleep app.
  • Remove the Sleepbuds from case to avoid an incidental connection.
  • In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the gear icon to open the Settings screen.
  • At the bottom of Settings, tap "DISCONNECT."

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

TriDanDroid
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

I have:

Updated case plugged into a computer.

Updated sleep buds via the app on my phone.

Deleted the sleep buds from my phone and reconnected.

Deleted the sleep buds app from my phone and reinstalled.

Pushed the little paperclip button on the back of the case by the micro USB input after each of these.

I have given up and taken them back to best buy for a replacement, for the second time for the exact same issue.  I'm on my third set now.  These work, for now.

Hi TriDanDriod, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am sorry to hear that those steps didn't resolve your issue and this ended in you returning the product for a replacement. 

I am glad to hear that your new set doesn't have this issue, if you do need anything else please do reach back out to us via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Ghostseal
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

I am having the same problem but has gotten worse to the point where I cannot charge my right earbud past 48%.  Tried calling the dedicated sleepbud line but no one picked up.  How can I exchange my defective product?

Thanks

Hi Ghostseal, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and are unable to reach the team, which region you are currently located in? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Jessassi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

Hi Hector,

I have an iPad and an iPhone with the BOSE app and there is no "disconnect" at the bottom of my settings screen. I have the latest version.

What's up with that?

Thanks,  Jessassi

Hi Jessassi, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this.

This is very strange can you please attach an image of your Sleep app settings screen please? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Jessassi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

How can I send you the screenshot. This message board won't let me attach it. An email? Thanks, Jessassi

Jessassi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

IMG_0015.PNG