Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Right bud not found error

Dear friends in the Bose community,

I'm growing a little weary with issues I've had with my sleepbuds. With my first pair, the magnet on the left bud fell off leaving me unable to charge it, so I purchased a second pair. Now, despite months of successful use, I am not able to use the buds as I keep getting a Right Bud not found error, despite it seeming like there is enough battery charge. I've followed the steps others have taken with the left bud not found error (reset charger with paperclip; uninstall/reinstall the app; reboot phone).

When I take the pair out of the charger, the right bud is not discoverable. I place it back in the charger for a second or two, take it out, and it then becomes discoverable though indicates a charge of 32%. It appears fully charged right now in the charger, though. I also get the update button when both buds are discovered, though I can't make the update because one bud appears to be charged less than 60%.

Please help--I'm disappointed that I've had to spend so much money on two pairs of Bose Sleepbuds. They are so helpful for the light sleeper that I am, that moments like these are major let downs.

With thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Right bud not found error

Author Accepted Answer selected by luso78

Hello luso78,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Sleepbuds, I will try my best to help you with this. Since you have already tried the troubleshooting that we would normally suggest. So as a last resort, I would recommend trying another cable to charge if you have not already.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by luso78

Hello luso78,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Sleepbuds, I will try my best to help you with this. Since you have already tried the troubleshooting that we would normally suggest. So as a last resort, I would recommend trying another cable to charge if you have not already.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

The cable isn't the issue as the case, at least in my situation, shows that it is fully charged.  The issue is one bud, left, won't pass 24% and therefore cannot be 'updated'.  Given the massive amount of traffic on this same issue it is amazing to me that Bose has not provided a realistic, workable solution, which is particularly galling given that we've all donated $250 to Bose for the privilege.  These notes regarding this issue are all basically the same, the response from Bose is also the same  "contact your local support."  Lousy way to do business.  And yes,  as have most of the others on the 7 pages of blogs I've read, I've rebooted, downloaded and reinstalled the app at least 3x, reset the charging case, checked for updates via USB and my computer, etc, etc.  Nothing allows my left sleepbud to progress past 24%, or 4 hours of use.  A 2018 Christmas present that has already been returned and replaced once, after a month's use.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Thank you, Zoe C for the suggestion. I had a generic cable with me on vacation, when the issue occurred, and was using that to charge my case. I got home this evening and plugged the Bose cord that came with the Sleepbuds back into the case, reset it with a paperclup, and everything does seem to be back to working now. The right bud is now discoverable and I was able to update my sleepbuds.

I hope this will do the trick and I hope this helps others experiencing a similar issue. 

Hello Luso78,

We are so glad to hear that this has been resolved for you. 

We do recommend that you use the official provided Bose charging cable with your product as some third party wires could potentially damage your product as well as not provide a charge, which we have found in this circumstance! 

Please do not hesitate to get back in contact with the community if you require further assistance.

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

The cable isn't the issue - I am using the provided Bose cable.  The left bud will not charge over 24%.  I've used both portals in the charging case, used the case not plugged in, reset the case and checked for updates via a desktop computer and the case using the Bose updater.  The case lights are all lit.  There is an alert for an update to the buds however as the left one is below 60% I cannot do so.  This is getting tiresome, not a good product by any stretch of the imagination, certainly not for $250.  Fix it Bose.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Unfortunately none of the proposed solutions work for me, I've tried everything I could find in this forum.

The other problem is, there is apparently no way to contact support in my country via your website. I reside in Croatia, how do I get support? Thanks!

Highlighted

Hello Teramind, 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your Sleepbuds. 

Support for Croatia can be found here.

For anyone else looking for support and are not sure where to look for it, you can either locate your country on Global.bose.com or search google for "Bose [Your country]." The top result is typically the information page for your country. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

These are two addresses in Slovenia and one in The Netherlands. I'm supposed to email/call third-party companies in other countries?

Highlighted

Hi Teramind, 

Thank you for your reply. 

The page I provided advises the following link for service. If that's what is advised, then yes, please reach out to them. 

Service Inquiries

Mr. D. Osojnik
Lorex D.O.O.
Stegne 33
LJUBLJANA, SI-1000, Slovenija

Tel-1: 386 1 51 404 65
Fax: 386 1 51 404 60

Email: info@lorex.si

Kind regards, 

Jeff G