Right bud will not fully charge past 48%

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Right bud will not fully charge past 48%

There is another similar thread with this subject, but the solution was never revealed.

New sleepbuds.
Right only charges to 48% reported, the charge light is solid. 
Updated FW on base, reset base, forgot buds, uninstalled-reinstalled app on IOS, forgot buds, installed Android app. 
Reset base again, no change so far. 

Is the only option to request RMA for this issue? I got these as a gift for my wife - after she was frustrated for a few days, I started troubleshooting myself. I now have a couple of hours fiddling with them, Surely this is not the premium experience Bose designed them for. 

Hoping there is something I can do on my own. Replacement will be quite challenging as we are traveling. 

8 REPLIES

Re: Right bud will not fully charge past 48%

Hey JetFighter,

We're sorry for the trouble you're having with your Sleepbuds and we appreciate the troubleshooting you've done. Unfortunately, if you're still having issues with them, any course of action beyond troubleshooting would be to call our service team in your region for further assistance.

We understand its frustrating when a product stops working properly but we stand by our products and we have warranty options available to help you get back up and running again. 

Contact information can be found here. Please select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us."

Thank you,

Mohsin - Community Support

Silent Starter

I setup an exchange which was totally painless and fast. 
The new Sleepbud kit appears to be charging and working as expected. They connect quickly as well. 

Tonight will be the real test of course. I am very happy that the exchange process was so easy and it seems to have solved the problem. 

Silent Starter

I, too, am having the same problem. Right bud only charges to 48% though it has a solid white light.
Audible Advocate

Just for the record I am having the same problem with my left Sleepbud.  I have reset the base several times and all lights look normal.

@JetFighter Thank you for getting back, glad everything went smoothly for you. 

We're sorry for everyone else that is also experiencing this issue. If you've already tried the troubleshooting steps offered on this thread, we recommend that you please follow up with our service team in your region who can assist further. Here's a link for contact information if needed. 

Thank you again and have a great rest of your day. 

Mohsin 

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Sleepbud will not fully charge past 48%

Hi,  I am having the exact same problem with mine, only it's the left earbud that only charges to 48%.  Seems like an odd number to be a coincidence!  I have done all of the things you did to troubleshoot, and I have owned other Bose products so this is very frustrating on such an expensive item.  I have written to the support team, but received nothing in response.  I will return to store in a couple of days before my limited time expires.  Having been in IT for 20 years is only making this experience that more frustrating!  I really expected better quality from Bose.

Audible Advocate

I don't know what happened, however, my left Sleepbud is now acting normally and is charging up to 100 percent; I have no idea how that happened.   Bose are excellent at replacing broken or defective parts.  When I bought the Sleepbuds in Austria the store representatives said that the Sleepbuds are a new and somewhat experimental product and that if I didn't like them or they didn't work for me I could return them for a full weekend.  I expect that you can probably get a replacement for your wonky Sleepbud.

Hi Tatebiz,

Thanks for chiming in. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would recommend contacting your local support team by phone if possible. Here is a link you can use. click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support