Highlighted
JetFighter
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Re: Sleepbud will not fully charge past 48%

The key takeaway in my case was that Bose was totally hassle-free. When facing some sort of defect/malfunction - they simply owned it and made it right with as little difficulty possible to the customer. 

BirdmantheBird
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

I took mine back to the Bose shop a few weeks ago.  Sure enough, they showed 100 percent when I showed them to the Bose people!  I put them into the case again and pulled them out and the left one was 48 percent. The Bose people gave me a new set, no quesions asked and no hassle.  Great customer service as always from Bose.

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in and say thank you for sharing your experiences with customer support. We are glad that you were able to get your Sleepbuds replaced! 

Regards,

Tony G

EricN
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 15, 2019

Re: Right bud will not fully charge past 48%

Hi Moshin.

I've gone though the postings here and seen many charging issues, some exactly like my own, and I have followed the procedures laid out by the Moderators to attempt to rectify the problem.

What I have done:

1. Updated the charging station firmware to 2.00.00

2. Updated ios app

3. Reset the charging station multiple times

Despite the right bud showing a flashing light indicating it's charging while in the charging station, no further charging is occuring according to the ios app, and the charge remains at 48%. When I use them, the right bud battery dies every night before I wake up.

IMG_3812.jpg

My wife bought these for me for xmas while we were in the US but we live in Thailand. So I will need information on exchanging these for a fully functioning pair.  I have followed the link you supplied for a service rep here but this page has none for Thailand for Sleepbuds.  Please adivse.

https://global.bose.com/en_us/asia_pacific/thailand.html

Also a side note, I could NOT make my own posting in the forum so I had to piggyback onto this thread because of the "Label" function.  No matter what word I used it would not allow me to post because of this and it could not be left blank. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looking forward to your reply.

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 6.33.09 PM.png

Community Manager

Hi EricN,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

Have you already tried calling the number listed under the Home and Professional section?

Warm Regards

Tony A 

EricN
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 15, 2019

@Tony_A wrote:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Office is closed till Monday.

Hopefully there are folks there who speak english as my Thai isn't that great, otherwise my wife will have to do the talking. 😉

Hi EricN,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

Have you already tried calling the number listed under the Home and Professional section?

Warm Regards

Tony A 

Ralphlh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

I live in Denmark. I have used my Sleepbuds every day for 2 months. I now experience the same problem myself. I had previously read about the problem. So I was preparing. The solution is to connect the charging box to the USB charger, place your Sleepbuds - but do not close the lid. I think that this is only a software problem that can be solved with an update

@JetFighter wrote:

There is another similar thread with this subject, but the solution was never revealed.

New sleepbuds.
Right only charges to 48% reported, the charge light is solid. 
Updated FW on base, reset base, forgot buds, uninstalled-reinstalled app on IOS, forgot buds, installed Android app. 
Reset base again, no change so far. 

Is the only option to request RMA for this issue? I got these as a gift for my wife - after she was frustrated for a few days, I started troubleshooting myself. I now have a couple of hours fiddling with them, Surely this is not the premium experience Bose designed them for. 

Hoping there is something I can do on my own. Replacement will be quite challenging as we are traveling. 

EricN
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 15, 2019

I have already put in an order for a new set thru Bose in TH.  For some reason it takes a month for them to get the new set from Singapore.

Coincidentally to your post, my set in the last few days have both "fully charged". I put that in quotes because the length of time they remain fully charged is very different.  
Last night both registered "100%" and 16hrs of charge supposedly in both buds via the app.  
This morning (after 8hrs sleep), the left one was at 42% while the right one was at 0% and dead, i.e. no sound, no battery charge left.  So what may seem like a cure may only be a shift in the display of incorrect information about the state of the right bud, which is certainly the case with mine.

I didn't leave the lid open to get my results, but will try that in any case just to see what happens.

@Ralphlh wrote:

I live in Denmark. I have used my Sleepbuds every day for 2 months. I now experience the same problem myself. I had previously read about the problem. So I was preparing. The solution is to connect the charging box to the USB charger, place your Sleepbuds - but do not close the lid. I think that this is only a software problem that can be solved with an update

@JetFighter wrote:

There is another similar thread with this subject, but the solution was never revealed.

New sleepbuds.
Updated FW on base, reset base, forgot buds, uninstalled-reinstalled app on IOS, forgot buds, installed Android app. 

Is the only option to request RMA for this issue? I got these as a gift for my wife - after she was frustrated for a few days, I started troubleshooting myself. I now have a couple of hours fiddling with them, Surely this is not the premium experience Bose designed them for. 

Hoping there is something I can do on my own. Replacement will be quite challenging as we are traveling. 

@Ralphlh wrote:

@JetFighter wrote:

New sleepbuds.

EricN
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 15, 2019

Left the lid open with the unit plugged in while charging and last night found the left one at 48% and the charging indicator light steady.  In either case, the amount of time the left bud running time was the same.  When it displayed 100%, it worked for 7-ish hours despite the app saying it will last 16.  When it shows 48%, it shows it will last 7 hours and that's about what I get from it. Performance remains the same no matter what the app tells me.

So I will leave the return process alone and await the replacement which should be here in another 3 weeks <rolls eyes>.

Jmrobarts
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Same! What do we do to remedy this situation?