Ralphlh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Right bud will not fully charge past 48%

I live in Denmark. I have used my Sleepbuds every day for 2 months. I now experience the same problem myself. I had previously read about the problem. So I was preparing. The solution is to connect the charging box to the USB charger, place your Sleepbuds - but do not close the lid. I think that this is only a software problem that can be solved with an update

41 REPLIES 41
Ralphlh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Re: Right bud will not fully charge past 48%

I was mistaken. It doesn't work anyway
cornholio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 3, 2018

It took mine ~3.5 months for the 48% problem to show up.  Only in the right bud.  I've tried multiple methods to get past this to no avail.  The oddest thing I saw was both buds charged to 100% at ~4pm, then the right one back down to 48% ~6 hours later, even though they had not been used and put back in charging case after testing/seeing 100% charge.  In my opinion, this is a hardware issue with the bud battery and nothing software updates will fix.  After several calls to support (they offered to replace during first call), I finally gave up and let Bose replace.  2nd pair should arrive tomorrow.  If I am correct and this is a hardware problem, I fear that I will see same issue with new pair...

Hi Ralphlh,

Thank you for you post concerning the Bose Noise Masking Sleepbuds. I am very sorry to hear you have been having trouble with the right ear bud not operating correctly. This is an very unusual issue - and should not be happening to your Sleepbuds. We certainly will work to make sure we set this right for you.

The issue you are describing does sound to be hardware-related. However, we should check that the Sleepbuds are running the most up to date firmware - and to know this we have to make sure the Bose Sleep app is also running the latest software version.

If checking this does not solve the issue you are experiencing, I would advise to get in touch with our Customer Service team. We would be more than happy to help you resolve the issue - so you can experience the quality that you expect from Bose. You can find contact details here.

We look forward to hearing from you very soon!

Warm Regards,

Sam - Community Support

Ralphlh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

All my units are updated. 2:00:00 / 6.0.4.0
New solution: I have now boosted the right bud from 14% to 100% for the first time after it could only reach 48%.
I've done it this way: 1) charge the charging case to full. 2) Disconnect from USB charger 3) place both buds to charge 4) Wait for the sleepbuds' charging lights to slowly blink white 5) restart the charging case with a clip but you have to hold the clip down in bottom for 8 seconds - at the same time have "battery overview" open on your phone. Ghost icons bud will be visible and shown% level charge for each bud. Do not close this screen image on the phone but open all the time. 6) Repeat this every half hour.The right bud is now back at 100%. Smiley Happy
Conclusion. Right bud is okay - it's the charging case that's the problem. It seems that the charging case falls asleep while charging the right bud.

It took about 7 hours. From 7.18 am to 1.55 pm.
PostScript: I am otherwise very satisfied with the concept. It has improved my sleepiness and sleep quality in many areas. And I find the whole idea behind the product very interesting in a modern life.

The charging case needs to be fixed! Version 2.00.00 update "Fixes instances where charge case doesn't fully charge sleepbuds" - Didn't solve the problem 100%.

Billede 01-03-2019 07.18.56.pngBillede 01-03-2019 09.06.10.pngBillede 01-03-2019 10.31.28.pngBillede 01-03-2019 11.08.07.pngBillede 01-03-2019 11.37.29.pngBillede 01-03-2019 12.58.55.pngBillede 01-03-2019 13.55.45.pngBillede 28-02-2019 22.40.47.png

Hi Ralphlh,

Very interesting! We do appreciate this, as it definitely does help us figure out what the issue is. We greatly appreciate your input. Please do let us know if anything else comes from your experiment. We would be delighted to know.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

Ralphlh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Thank you. I promise.
Guoda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Having same issue with left bud. Android app and case firmware updated to latest versions since the first day of use. Here's what I've noticed so far, maybe this will help to debug this:

- Started using them on January 10th. No problems with charging until February 5th. The charger was always connected to power source.

- Since February 5th due to personal issues I new I will not able to use them for some time. So I've put sleepbuds to charger, charged them. Then charger was disconnected from power source. Left them so until February 15th (10 days).

- On February 15th charger connected to power source, buds charged. No issues that time

- Since February 16th I've started seeing "fully charged" in my charger for both buds and 48% for left bud in the app.

According to user manual, " The sleepbuds switch off when they have been left in the case for a week" - this is exactly what should happened in my case and after that the issue appeared...

Have tried various kinds of resetting, reinstalling app, downgrading / upgrading firmware again. Sometimes it looks like it helped (I manage to see 100% in app for both buds), but while using the buds at night, charging level for left bud drops very quickly and it lasts for no more than 7 hours (sometimes less).

My latest experiment:

- Left bud shutdown by itself (charge level under 1%). Forced right bud to discharge to below 50% (not sure, at first the app displayed 23%, then after two hours more of discharging went back to 43% again!)

- Charger charged to 'full', disconnected from power source. Put both buds to charge at ~2 PM.

- 11:50 PM - 100% both buds. Started using them.

- 3:20 AM - 32% left, 77% right

- 6:20 - 18% left, 58% right

So this either was not 100%, or bud is discharging very quickly.

- In the morning put both buds into charger connected to power source at ~7:30 AM

- 9:15 PM left - 48%, right - 100%

- disconnected charger from power source thinking "will try to charge up to 100%, it worked yesterday)

- charger displayed both buds as fully charged (no lights blinking). Reset charger. Left bud was displayed as charging

- 11:45 PM - left bud was still being displayed as charging. Took it from case. Left bud - still same 48%, right - 100%. No change in case charge level status indicators (all 5 lights are solid white)

Going to try:

- discharge both buds fully

- try to charge using method suggested by Ralphlh (resetting each half an hours) and see what happens

danny110965
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

I have all kinds of Bose speakers, headphones and sound systems and have always been SUPER pleased with their product.  So when this was available, my wife bought it for me for Christmas.  This is a great item WHEN IT WORKS.  I CAN'T believe that Bose would put out such at POOR quality product.  I've tried everything, resetting, updating to 2.0 software, etc. and still this STUPID earbuds will not fully charge.  I'm SOOOOOO FRUSTRATED, I want to return it but I love the concept only if it would WORK PROPERLY.

Highlighted
Lytton
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Having much the same problem. Worked perfectly for about 6 weeks but unused for 2 weeks because of some travel. Ever since LH bud behaves erratically. Sometimes charges to 22% and stops. Sometimes charges to 100% but discharges twice as fast as RH bud. Tried all the troubleshooting tips and updates. Problem still continues. Lack of serious support is disappointing given cost of these items. Help...