Re: Sleepbud will not fully charge past 48%

Hi Jmrobarts, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I would like to apologise for the issues you are facing. I would recommend trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in the post first of all, to see if we can fix the issue you are having. Here are the steps for ease of trying: 

1. Update the charging case by going to btu.bose.com and checking that the charging cases software is up to date.

2. Go into your Sleepbuds app and ensure your Sleepbuds are running on the latest software this can be found under details and should be version 2.0.0

3. Reset the charging case. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click.

Let me know how you get on! 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

gracefromsanfer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 4, 2019

Hi Tony, 

For about a week now I've experienced the same problem (right bud only charging to 48%). I tried updating the case, reconnecting buds, etc. but nothing has worked. 

I'm on my second pair of sleepbuds already because back in November I had to get a replacement after an software update wrecked my original pair (reference #[Modified by Moderator]). I'm really stunned by how unreliable this product is. This is so not my experience with my other Bose products (QC35, Soundsport Free, Solo Soundsystem). 

Is there an official explanation for this poor performance? Is this product still experimental? How much longer until we can rely on the sleepbuds as much as we rely on other wonderful Bose products?

I'm not sure what to do this time around to solve the current problem. I feel a replacement will only work for another few months until something new happens. What's your advice?

Hi Gracefromsanfer, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear of your issues. 

If your SleepBuds are still giving you issues and you have tried all the troubleshooting, please do reach out to support for your region.

I hope you have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O

Highlighted
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Jessie / all.

I reached out to support and spoke to a manager re the above points.

They have no answers or solution.
charles.K
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

Re: Right bud will not fully charge past 48%

I have had similar issues and have updated the base to 2.0.0.

The issue I suspect is how we replace the buds in the charger.  They are very sensitive to how you place them within the charger.  A small misplacement and the buds will not charge or restrict the max charge.

Maybe we need to clean the contacts as the buds maybe covered with body/ear oil/wax which will increase the resistance.

The issue is the design of the charger as it is very sensitive to the orientation of the buds when you place then within the charger.  I suggest you play around and find the best orientation that works!

Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Hello,

We have 2 pair sleepbuds in use (myself and my wife), unfortunately recently the 48% problem popped up - recurring and on both devices. Base firmware and iOS app were already on last version before the issue occured for the 1st time.

What strikes me is that one of the buds (always the same) only charges to 48% and this is exactly the % I read in the postings. This cannot be a coïncidence. I've reached out to Bose support today and update the feedback I'll receive.

Brgds, Silla

Moonchime
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

I'm also having this problem. My left bud refuses to charge beyond 48% in spite of cleaning contacts and resetting case. The sleepbud also cuts off way before the 7hrs suggested for the 48% charge. They worked pretty well for 6 months, apart from the alarm going off a couple of times when I hadn't set it. It seems that many of us love this product already and would be sad to to give them up. They're also very expensive. I sincerely hope Bose are recognising the seriousness of this problem and working hard to fix it. I've contacted Customer Service by Whatsapp which I hope will bring an immediate solution.
EricN
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 15, 2019

Having had the Right Earbud 48% issue and gone through all the possible fixes as per moderators' instructions, I found the only recourse was to exchange them for a new set and hope they are not part of the same production run as the one's with the issue.  

Here in Asia, the Sleepbuds still come with 1.0 firmware so an immediate update is needed when you bring the exchanged ones home.  Not doing so will cause a different charging issue.  After a few weeks of having the new exchanged Earbuds, the 48% issue has not come back.  

Jaoalle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 11, 2019

Ok.. so the first pair I bought this Christmas. After about 10 days the app just couldn’t find my plugs again. Tried every tip through your support but then had so send for new ones. Now two months later with my newer ones, the right one won’t go over 48 percent. I tried every tip from the support, have the newest firmware and so on. But always just to 48 percent. Even after a whole day of charging. I’m a beginning to lose my faith in you as a company.., should I send them yet again and wait for new ones for a week again?? I need them to SLEEP... I really you should take these bugs seriously because your reputation is not gaining anything from this. So what should I do now? For the second time??
sixshifter
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 22, 2019

I am having the same issue, although mine started sporadically, it is now constant. Although the 48% bud rotates between the right and left. It is maddening.

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps and nothing has helped. My boyfriend purchased these for me for Christmas and I think they worked great for about two months before this started. The disconnecting bud wakes me up and I end up setting a second alarm because I don't trust the battery indicator on the app. I've asked him to contact Bose since he paid for it, but at this point if they don't replace them I will be extremely disappointed. We are a Bose household with many low to high end products and have never had an issue. Even he has a pair of sleepbuds and they are fine.