Bose Sleepbuds II

Canada

Firmware Version 

App Version

3.0.4 (365)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Samsung Galaxy S9

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

After the recent update to the Bose earbuds the battery in the right earbud drains significantly faster than the left.  Both started out at 100% battery life.  After 6 hours the right earbud dies while the left still works and shows 56% charge.  Previous to the update I was able to get a good 10 hours of sleep left and still have charge left in both earbuds. 

6 REPLIES 6
Vicky_W

Re: Right earbud battery drains faster after recent update

Hi Wolfgang Wolf,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help you to get this issue resolved. Can I please ask where you keep your phone during the night and whether or not you are using phone free mode? Either way, could you please try keeping the phone next to the bed and let me know if this helps at all? Also, we have some troubleshooting below that should help to get your buds charging correctly. Please can you give them a try and let me know how you get on?

• Charge your Sleepbuds for up to 6 hours until the long light bars in the charging case glow solid. - No matter the current charge level, your Sleepbuds can take up to 6 hours to complete a charge cycle and calibrate the remaining battery level. If you have trouble charging your Sleepbuds, place them both in the charging case and do not remove them until the long light bars on the left and right of the case glow solid when the case is opened.
  • Keep your charging case connected to power when possible to keep the battery in the case charged. - The charging case battery will eventually drain since it keeps your Sleepbuds charged. When it fully drains, your Sleepbuds won't charge and might not power on until you connect the case to a charger.
  • If you typically keep the case in the same area, keep it connected to a charger so it is fully charged when you need to take your Sleepbuds somewhere.
  • Reset your product. - Much like rebooting a smartphone, your product might need to be reset on occasion to correct minor issues. For more info, see Resetting your product.

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Exccc
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2021

Hi, not the original poster but I have the exact same issue. This happened right after updating the Sleepbuds' firmware and it only affects the right Sleepbud, and not the left. Seriously annoying. I've tried resetting the charging case with the Sleepbuds inside and I'll get back once I next use them.

Vicky_W

@Exccc, I am sorry to hear this. Can I please ask if you use an Android or IOS device and also where you keep your phone when you use the Sleepbuds?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ears
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

I am also experiencing this issue since the update. Mine is also the right bud that drains faster. I'm using an Android.

Exccc
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2021

I'm using Android and my phone is right next to me, about 10-20cm away.

Ok so I've had the right earbud issue for like 2-3 nights in a row and right after resetting them in the charging case I finally had a night of sleeping without it occurring, so I guess that fixes it. I'll get back if it reoccurs.

Thanks for the help!

Wolfgang Wolf
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

• Not using in phone free mode
  • Keep phone on nightstand 2.5 feet away from my head

I left my earbuds charging a full 12 hours with the case plugged into charger the entire time.  It is 4:05 and right earbud has drained again.  Left earbud at 56%.

I have owned the earbuds since October (was also a first generation sleepbud adopter) and have had zero issue.  On the first night after updating the latest firmware did this issue occur leading me to believe this issue is firmware related.  

I have not yet tried a reset. Will do this in the morning and report back tomorrow night. Well maybe next Saturday as on a worknight I can only get about 5 hours of sleep.