Highlighted
Falkord
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Right earbud plays high pitched sound

The high pitched sound is more pronounced on low/no volume, and it's only on the right earbud. Volumes higher than around 30% the high pitched sound is much less but still there. Just wondering if this is normal and whether I should consider a replacement. Bought them today.

Kind regards

EDIT: I understand this has been an ongoing problem with many users, what's the general consensus on this issue? Waiting for a software update? a new batch to be manufactured? Or I just got unlucky.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Right earbud plays high pitched sound

Hello Falkord,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a high pitched noise from your right earbud. I would be more than happy to help you our today, could you please let me know which model of headphones you have?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Falkord
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Bose sleepbuds. It's coming only from the right one, could this be electronic interference and I have sensitive hearing? I'm on the latest firmware and have tried all the recommended troubleshooting tips.

I just exchanged for a new one and exact problem still persists. Is there anything different about the right earbud that could potentially make this sound?

Hi Falkord, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Have you attempted to place the right earbud in your left ear to see if you can still hear this sound? Can you please also confirm which troubleshooting methods you have attempted so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks, 

Hector B  

Falkord
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Yes when I put the right earbud to my left ear I hear the sound. The left earbud doesn't play this sound.

I have the latest firmware, I tried resetting the case, I deleted and reinstalled the app, I "forgot" the buds in the app and reconnected them again.

Hi Falkord, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

As the issue persists in both ears, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

i10k
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

There's another thread related to the same issue: https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/High-pitched-chirping-clicking-or-ticking-sound-in-one-or-bo...

I'm encountering this as well, only in the left earbud, and only when transferring sounds from the sound library. So transferring something while sleeping is not an option.

Jooo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

I’ve just bought these today and I was looking forward to a good night’s sleep due to new noisy neighbours and I have exactly the same problem with the right ear whistling  😔 

Jooo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

And I’ve tried the trouble shooting including pairing with a different device 

Hi Jooo, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you, I will do all I can to assist you! 

As you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend, I would suggest getting in contact with our Technical Support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, Select your country of residence and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O