Right sleepbud intermittently disconnectsn during the night

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Right sleepbud intermittently disconnectsn during the night

Hi,

I have a problem with the right sleepbud. The left one works fine. My problem is that the right sleepbud goes silent during the night. Both sleepbuds are working when I go to sleep. But I wake up in the middle of the night and the right one isn't working. 

In order to get them going again I put them both back in the case and then take them back out and put them in my ears. At this point the right sleepbud will "die" in less time than it took previously. Each time I put the sleepbuds back in their charging case and re-insert them in my ears the amount of time it takes the right sleepbud to "die" decreases. Last night I made several attempts and towards the end of the night the "lifespan" of the right sleepbud was about 5 minutes before disconnecting.

I've updated the firmware for the charger and reset it. I've made sure I'm running the current version of the Bose Sleep App. I've tried deleting the Bose Sleep App from my phone and re-installing it afresh. And I've also tried calling the customer support number (800) 905-1273. Nobody answered, though I will certainly continue calling.

I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus.

Is there anything else I can do to address this problem? Any help on this matter would make all the difference in the world. 

Please and thank you. 

-elroberto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Right sleepbud intermittently disconnectsn during the night

Hey @sakillets, sorry that you're running into the same trouble. If you find that the troubleshooting steps mentioned here do not help, we also recommend that you reach out to your local Bose Support and they would be happy to get you back up and running again! Contact information can be found here if needed.  

Thank you,

Mohsin 

7 REPLIES 7
Audible Advocate

I bought my sleep pods 6 weeks ago and last week I started having the same issues with the right ear pod.  The right one wont fully charge and dies at 2:00am.  I put it back in case for one hour and then put use it for remainder of night.  I too have deleted app, restarted with paper clip... nothing works.

Have you found a solution?

Hey elroberto!

Thank you for writing into the community. We apologize for the trouble you're having with your Sleepbuds. We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done and it seems your set is in need of service. 

We see that you've already tried contacting our support team, please try calling again between Mon-Fri 9am - 9pm, Sat 9am - 7pm ET and the phone number is (800) 905-1273. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin - Community Support

Hey @sakillets, sorry that you're running into the same trouble. If you find that the troubleshooting steps mentioned here do not help, we also recommend that you reach out to your local Bose Support and they would be happy to get you back up and running again! Contact information can be found here if needed.  

Thank you,

Mohsin 

Audible Advocate

sakillets,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution per se but I do have a working hypothesis: I believe the issue resides in the battery of the faulty sleepbud as opposed to the iPhone, Bose proprpietary software or the charging case. I notice that the lifespan of the faulty bud varies according to the battery % readout I get on my iPhone. For instance, If I hit play with 100% battery I get a couple hours of white noise from the bud in question. If the battery reads 85% I'll get half an hour before the one sleepbud dies. If the battery says 68% I'll get less than 5 minutes. 

It's weird that the other sleepbud appears to be completely normal and unaffected by this issue. 

I myself am still awaiting a solution. If I find out anything I'll make sure to get back to you and post the conclusion here.

Peace,

Elbearto

Audible Advocate

@Mohsin_S thank you for responding. You guys do a great job and I want to compliment you on your excellent customer service. From a customer's perspective it takes the worry out of dealing with technical difficulties when you have peace of mind from dealing with people like the Bose forum moderators that are professional, attentive to my needs, and they take good care of their people. One way or another, I trust we'll get the matter resolved. Thanks again.

-Elroberto

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

So I just got off the phone with customer service and let me just say it was worth the wait. Having followed through with the suggestions here on this forum, the customer support team was able to completely resolve the matter. As you would expect with a company like Bose they were super efficient, attentive and professional as it gets. A big thank you to the Bose team all round. 

@elroberto Thanks for getting back and appreciate hearing your feedback. We're happy to see everything went well for you. 

Please feel free to reach out again if you need anything else. 

Thanks again, 

Mohsin