jeremyS
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

Re: Rubbing Noise On Pillow

Just came here to say I have this issue too. Might have to try some tape it seems. It would be nice if there was an official solution to the problem 😃

tPitty
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

Happening to me too. I’ve had some luck with bunching my pillow up between my shoulder and the bed head - seems to reduce the relative movement as I breath.
Warcryjohn
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

I have the same issue here !
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

I find it's okay if I rotate my head so the Sleepbud moves directly up and down on the pillow if I want to move, rather than sliding side-to-side and rubbing. Don't know if that makes sense but luckily I do it without really thinking about it.
Kelly56
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2018

I’m having the same issue, I read the post and went looking for tape .... I disn’t Have any handy so cut a bandaid to size and so far so good 😊
Lightsleeper24
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

I also want to report on this issue. It almost completely negates the very point of the product for any type of side sleeper. How the product team missed this during beta testing is beyond me. I will be returning the buds until Bose either comes up with an actual solution (can't cost you guys that much to release precut velour padding tape to existing users) or redesigns the material for the outer casing. A 250 dollar product with "years of research" should not require sanding or a tape solution. Get with the program Bose, you're not an independent start up, you should have the resources to fix this problem. Every major reviewer article I've seen has called out this glaring issue. What a shame..
Highlighted
TheOnePerson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

I found what I feel is the perfect short term solution until Bose comes out with a fix, if they ever do. I used white PTFE Thread Seal Tape , cut off a small square to cover a little more than the exposed plastic, took the bud out of the cover, wrapped the exposed plastic snug then replaced the cover and it's seamless. The Bose logo is hazed out but the tape being white makes it look sleek and wouldn't stand out somewhere public like a train or plane. No awful rubbing, save the mild noise of anything being in your ear. 

BTW, thread seal works by static and has no adhesive, easy on and very secure, then easy off if you want it off. 

IMG_8089.jpeg

AndyHearns
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2018

Yes. It’s really bad. The plastic judders over the pillow. I have to sleep with my hand under my head to stop this. The main body needs to be made of a different material that slides on fabric rather than judders like plastic.
tvillingett
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

I have this problem too. I have tested H&M matte finish nail polish but it was not as fine grained as some invisible matte tape that I first tried. Do you have any news on official solution
sirhodes
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 3, 2018

I have the same problem. 

I am am subscribed to the feed from the original Indiegogo page for the Sleepbuds, although I purchased my buds in the UK once the trial period had finished. Bose posted a message on that Indiegogo page the other day that mentioned this problem.

1. “Pillow Noise” – Some users have noted hearing a rubbing noise as a result of the friction created by the sleepbuds rubbing against the pillow. We’re in the process of creating anti-friction decals that can be applied to the sleepbuds to address this issue. We’re estimating that these will be available in the late December/early January timeframe. You’ll be able get them at no charge by calling Customer Service.