Rubbing Noise On Pillow

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Re: Rubbing Noise On Pillow

@jeremyS wrote:

Why is this topic even marked as solved when the decals which were supposed to be available late Dec/early Jan haven't been sent out yet? There's still no word on when this is actually going to happen is there?

I think I also may have given the Sleep Buds too much credit before. I'm getting sick of applying and reapplying tape to get rid of the rubbing noise... so sick that I'm considering attempting to sand them to get rid of the noise. If I end up breaking them, oh well... 

Bose reputation -100.

Just a heads up on the sanding them jeremys I don't think you could break them but I tried to sand one set I had and this just made it grip more to the pillow. I am not too sure how the other people had success doing this but it was a no fix for me Smiley Sad Four crossed layers of the thread tape does work well for quite a few nights. Its to hot here in NZ at the moment to wear a headband to bed at night but thought I might try this option over the earbuds also.

Friendly Fanatic

@Kiwi1 wrote:

Just a heads up on the sanding them jeremys I don't think you could break them but I tried to sand one set I had and this just made it grip more to the pillow. I am not too sure how the other people had success doing this but it was a no fix for me Smiley Sad Four crossed layers of the thread tape does work well for quite a few nights. Its to hot here in NZ at the moment to wear a headband to bed at night but thought I might try this option over the earbuds also.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hmmmm, not quite sure what to do now. Could just wait for the decals and see if they actually fix the issue. I wonder if the decals will need to be reapplied periodically too because they fall off or move.

I haven't tried using thread tape yet. I've tried various other things but settled on cutting up the sticky part of bandaids. They seem to last anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks depending on how carefully I cut and fit them. The downside of using bandaids is cleaning all the glue and gunk before each reapplication.

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in again and let everyone know that we are still working on providing decals for the Sleepbuds. As soon as we have more information we will be sure to update the community!

Regards,

Tony G

Audible Advocate

Just adding my stop-gap solution: I've been removing the seeds and trimming these small squares of soft tape to fit on the back of the sleepbuds.  They last 1-2 weeks before they fall off.  It's not perfect, but works for now.

Quiet Contributor

This is ridiculous. I’ve been following this thread for months. How long could it possibly take to R&D a decal to stick onto something?
Vocal Volunteer

Quite a long time apparently.

Don't worry though - if you are having any issues please contact the support team who will help.

Quiet Contributor

Very disappointing when you contact the German Bose customer service. They don't know anything about the problem. As a suggestion for a solution I was offered to exchange the device! They also asked me if I had ever reset the device (!). That's really sad.

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

Ridiculous.

You will be referred to call support soon enough.

Audible Advocate

Correct. They have been very willing to let you know that they are willing to provide a solution.
Quiet Contributor

If there is a solution that is ready, then why haven't they posted it here? And exchanging/returning the product isn't a solution.