Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

Re: Rubbing Noise On Pillow

I got mine the other day. They work pretty well. The rubbing sound isn't completely removed but is much better. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

hi all, bought these at Bunnings on the weekend they work like a charm (95% work) they are soft.  I cut them to fit over them.  Only downside is they don’t fit in the charger case, I take them off and they stick back perfectly.  They cost $2.70.foam coversfoam covers

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

The link to "read more about" the solution takes you to the Kickstarter campaign.  Seriously?  It's been over 3 months since your post and no solution.  Wonderful.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

If you go into the Cheeseburger Menu on the Bose Sleepbuds App > Product Support > Troubleshooting > Sleepbuds™ make rubbing sounds; You get the following text:

Contact Bose customer service for anti-friction decals.

So......I can assume they are ready?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

It’s pretty evident by now that Bose isn’t actually offering whatever decal solution they have been peddling. Your best bet is to grab the solution provided at the eBay link (I’ve been using it for a couple weeks now and it is near perfect). As someone who has spent thousands on Bose products, this debacle leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. Whoever is product managing the Sleepbuds line needs to be fired.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion. I just bought the little foam stickers on eBay; I hope they work.  Can't understand why Bose can't solve this.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I ordered these.  They arrived yesterday (I got the white ones).  Included are three white foam ear bud covers and a “tool” that has three rings that hold it into place.  He emails you an installation video. Basically, you take the bud out of the silicon holder, please one if the holding rings in the opposite side of the tool, place the foam cover “hole side up”, press the bud into it, tear away the excess foam, and remove.  You then place it back into the silicon holder.  Takes two minutes (you get an extra holder and foam cover).  Made a huge difference last night, and they look much better than tape.  Perfect?  No, but no longer distracting.    Bose needs to fix this...They had the sleep buds on sale, which suggests a version 2 that addresses this problem.  What I bought on eBay works and has not taken away from the looks of them, and they still fit in the charging case and it still closes without an issue.

1D6313E0-C57C-47A2-B724-7C8307A9B60E.jpeg

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Sorry to say I bought the ebay foam "decals", and they did not work for me.  I've been using Scotch Wall Safe tape, and it works great for the buds.  But I was fearful of tape residue damaging the buds and wanted something more "elegant".

I had little difficulty with installation, and I am impressed with the precision required to design and manufacture these foam pads.  The retaining ring on both buds was firmly in place and they looked exactly like the installation video.  Indeed, they did virturally eliminate the rubbing noise.

However, right away the left bud was no longer sealing in my ear canal like it should, allowing all outside noise to penetrate.  This confused me at first, and I tried every known method to get it to seal again.  Nothing worked, and it cost me a lot of sleep that night.  It seems the foam and/or ring can interfere with the sealing.  No issues with the right earbud, and when I later removed the pads from the left earbud the issue disappeared.

Since the right earbud sealed ok, the next day I was going to reinstall the left earbud's pads when I noticed the right earbud had lost its pad overnight.  I am 100% certain it was installed correctly.  Perhaps it relates to how I sleep or my pillow case (cotton sateen, high thread count) or maybe I got a bad set of pads.

Whatever the issue, it's money down the drain for me and I'm back to using the tape... and hoping for a solution from Bose.

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Oh man! I'm disappointed to read this latest review.  I just purchased the Ebay ones about an hour ago because of the glowing review prior.  We shall see!  I'll be sure to report back.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Well, as they say often in the world wide web:  YMMV (your mileage may vary).  And I hope it does and this is a workable solution for others.

I care a lot more about losing sleep one night than the $11 for the pads.  The tape solution works for me, so I'll wait for Bose' official solution.  And wait.  And wait...