nissansilvias15irocz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

Re: Rubbing Noise On Pillow

Hi. This is the seller of the eBay decals. If you contact me on eBay I can help. Of all that have sold so far this is the first issue I have heard. I would like to solve whatever the problem is and get them working for you.

DudeDad
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Everyone’s ears are different, so the buds may protrude more or less from one person to another, and everyone’s noise tolerance level differs.  I’m sorry it didn’t work for one of the posters, above.  You are $11 invested into it, so give it a shot.  For me, it’s a noticeable difference and have no complaints.  Let us know how it goes for you.  

typhoon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

Very disappointing. 

I'm using these Sleepbuds since they came out! I was very excited to have a solution for my partners' intermittent snoring issue. 

I didn't even think twice before investing $249+Tax. After a month they stopped working and received a replacement product. 

Rubbing noise issue on the pillow, connectivity issues, loop delay issue, intermittently not charging issue. Just the whole package is not cool. 

I contacted customer support U.S. He knew about the product and he was very knowledgeable but he was not able to provide a solution. 

I believe I will be returning them. I will ask for my money back. This is embarrassing. I won't be a Bose customer anymore and will be a detractor for this product. 

They marked this thread as 'solved' but nothing is solved. My problem continues. 

Please, Bose, start a recall for this product and apologies from your customers. 

If not soon I will start contacting news media to escalate this situation. 

Look what you made people do:

Great lets you sleep- if they stay in your ear

great battery life - if they charge

connectivity issues

(fine-grit sandpaper it didn't fully eliminate the sound 

placing a towel over my pillow.

My pillowcase is 100% (Egyptian) cotton (from Costco, if I recall correctly).

I glued a small piece of fabric on the bud about the size of a pea. Works well now.

I removed the StayHear+ Sleep tips, and used 220 grit sandpaper to lightly sand off the shiny coating on the outer shell that faces the pillow, being careful not to scratch the antenna area.

If i were to make a suggestion to bose, if you covered the center with silicone like your ear tips i bet it will prevent the rubbing squeaky noise.

Scotch Wall Safe is the best by far.

Just breathing is enough to get the rubbing between the plastic on the sleepbud and the pillow to make noise and make it hard to sleep.  I acutally just had to take them out last night to fall asleep. 

Omg this rubbing sound is so annoying. It's so loud and is even triggered by the tiny movement when breathing.

I'm imagining the engineers working on this product for years. Then some designer comes along in the last phase, adding a "cool" glossy layer with the Bose logo. And ruins everything.

bnlf
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

The first question that I have is how the fk did this pass through QA? I've noticed how annoying it is the FIRST time I used it and instantly regret buying. 

JYoung13
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Hi all,  I received my eBay foam "fixers" and I am happy to report that I slept blissfully last night!  As DudeDad and others mentioned, the video and instructions were easy to follow and I had no issues.  I was still pretty skeptical after putting them on but, I have to say, the noise from breathing against the pillow or being is the wrong position is markedly diminished.  There is still the regular friction noise that your head or any body part naturally causes against the sheet but the seemingly "loud" and profoundly annoying noise of the plastic Bose-branded circle is completely mitgated by this tiny layer of foam.

IMG_1849.JPGI'm also completely in awe of the inventor and wish my brain worked like that.  Brilliant and clever little "tool" he created, I suspect with a 3D printer, to get the foam to fit perfectly and snugly over the Bose surface.  My only (very small) complaint is that the rubber doesn't fit quiet as perfectly around the foam/ring as it did before (see pic) which is definitely more of an aethetics issue than functionality.  They still work well, fit in my ear with a good seal and have no trouble fitting in the charging case or lining up with the charging port.  For $11, I highly recommend this fix!

Highlighted
jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Could someone post a link to the installation video for the Ebay bud covers?  I bought them a while ago, but wasn't using the buds at that time.  Now I want to install these things but don't have the email with the video.

Simonsays50
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

this annoyed me too until i swapped the earpieces for the smaller size and pushed them in a mm or so more...no problem now.

needsleep99
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

I received my eBay foam "fixers" 

Is anyone concerned that over time little pieces of the foam will break off from rubbing against the pillow case,

and then you'll inhale the little pieces of foam?

JYoung13
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Ha!! I have definitely wondered about the long term durability because the foam is so very thin once you get it in place and take off the excess but I can say I'd never considered that particular scenario 🙂    It's been about a week though and so far so good!

dspen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2019

Really disapointed to hear that there's still no news on these! 

I was really impressed when browsing the product help in the Sleepbuds app and it said I could just get in touch with support for some decals to get rid of the horrible squeeky rubbing noise I get. I was substantially less impressed when Bose support had no idea what I was on about.