Highlighted
jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Re: Rubbing Noise On Pillow

I bought the foam covering kit on Ebay. It worked, but came off after a couple of weeks and you can't put it back on after you've torn away the excess foam. So, no solution here. Guess I'll go back to pieces of packing tape. Bose has been promising a fix since forever, I think it's been abandoned.
nissansilvias15irocz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

You can contact me on ebay if you need more of the foam pieces.

tiagozt
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

How is this problem considered solved if Bose hasn't offered the proposed solution?
nosajinabox
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Hi Jimh12345, your ebay supplier offered you more foam pads. I don't think anyone else, including myself, has suffered any problems with the ebay foam solution. You should try them again.

tiagozt
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

For delivery to the US there are three options, but to Australia there is only one option on eBay. Is that the "best" one?

That's quite a lot of money ($30 including shipping) for something that Bose should be taking care of. The product is innovative, but the lack of commitment to this particular issue is extremely disappointing.

Morganleto
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

Sleepbuds rubbing sound.

My sleepbuds make a horrible sound when they rub against my pillow. Any fixes?
JYoung13
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Hi friends.  I have good news and bad news to report on this "solution" chain that we've all been following now for months.

Good news:  Bose has solved the problem

Bad news: The "solution" is only available if you need to replace your older generation sleep buds

Like many, many other people have experienced in a different (but equally long) thread in the Bose community, my left bud stopped charging beyond 58% last month.  It would also drain inordinately quickly and I'd wake up in the middle of the night when it died. I tried all of the troubleshooting online and from the community forum and nothing worked so Bose replaced my buds at no charge. I had to wait two excruciating weeks of listening to my noisy neighbors when I should have been sleeping though because Bose won't send the replacements until they receive your old ones, unfortunately.

My brand new buds came about a week and a half ago. Because they had worked like a dream, I immediately tried to use the Ebay foam solution again (even bought additional foam pads) and it didn't work.  The new buds are just ever so slightly maybe because the foam & fitting slide right off when you try to put them back in the rubber casing.  I was annoyed but tried sleeping with them anyway and, lo and behold, the new buds are magic!!!  There is NO pillow rubbing noise. None. I can't for the life of me tell what's different but I also don't have the old ones anymore for a side by side comparison. Here is a picture of the new ones though in case anyone else can tell.

Maybe it will wear off and they'll go back to squeaking at some point but, for now, new buds solved the problem.

Bose1.jpg

toriellen
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

So there's a newer generation of sleepbuds available?

Here's what worked for me regarding the pillow noise: I first put a layer of blue painters-tape (the kind that doesn't leave residue if you leave it on for a while), then I put on a layer of fabric band-aid [I cut a small round out of each of these materials, and layer them].  Works like a charm, and peels right off easily when you want to replace it.  I've left them on for a couple of weeks, and had no real residue left over.

Tigoriu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

If you replace your buds, the new ones do not have the rubbing noise. Unfortunately after a very few weeks it will come back. It seems like there is small layer on fresh ones and this rubs off quickly.
My 2nd pair is just on the way back due to the 58% issue.
GCash
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds rubbing sound.

@Morganleto wrote:
My sleepbuds make a horrible sound when they rub against my pillow. Any fixes?

This video could help you solve your issue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK3xbw040z8

Order the SleepBuds here: https://amzn.to/2J0PeJg -Noise-masking sleep buds deliver soothing sounds that have been optimally tuned to drown out unwanted noise -Super tiny sleep buds stay comfortably in place all night long, even if you sleep on your side. Includes Stay Hear+ Sleep tips in sizes ...