Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Rubbing Noise On Pillow

@Mohsin_S wrote:

@Chris.yue@outlook.com Thank you for writing in. We can confirm that we're in the process of creating decals to address this issue. You will be able to get them at no charge by calling our service team once they become available. You may also read more about that here.

Thanks again,

Mohsin

I have the pillow rubbing issue and it's been enough to wake me up on occasion. Other times I'm so tired I just grin and bear it. Is there an actual official solution to this yet? Apologies if there is and it's linked somewhere else!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

The apparent development of this decal is taking longer than the engineering of the headphones themselves. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

Why is this thread marked as solved? 

You may be in the process of getting those decals but may issue is still unresolved! 

How do I request a refund?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

After contacting Bose to complain about the lack of a solution, as well as the fact the magnet fell off the ear bud so i couldnt charge one of the buds,  Bose agreed that i should return the product back to the place of purchase for a full refund.  this was 6 months after purchase and there were no issues from the shop when i returned as they would seek a credit from Bose.  

Given the lack of solution to this fundemential issue i would suggest if you are not entirely satisfied with this faulty product to take it back.  This product should not be on the shelves until this issue is resolved.  seeking workarounds for a $300+ product is unacceptable. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

i have had the same problem with the pillow rubbing noise, so bad, they were almost impossible to use.

I resorted to buying a pillow with a hole in the middle from Amazon.  Not a perfect solution but did work.  It was difficult to position the sleepbud and the hole in the pillow together.

My left sleepbud stopped working, so i contacted bose customer support.

Spoke to a very helpful man with an american accent called Austin.

They sent me the documentation needed to return my faulty earbuds and told me that i didnt have to return them until the new ones arrived.

All has gone to plan, the new ones arrived yesterday and i sent the old ones off today.

I have done a side by side comparrison of the new and the old, with them turned off, to really appreciate the rubbing noise.

The old ones, rubbing noise as usual, the new ones, no noise at all.

I have inspected them closely, there is no appreciable difference at all, visually, feel or model number.

I will see how I get on with them.  

One poster on here said that their new ones started off ok but the rubbing noise returned after a few weeks.

I will let you all know how i get on.

Incidentally, the foam decals that people seem to be having sucess with dont seem to be available in the UK.  I live in Guernsey, which is not the UK, but generally if it's good for UK, it's good to be delivered to us.

Does anyone know how to obtain the foam decals in the uk if my rubbing noise returns?

Also, does anyone have an update as to if Bose is going to supply an accessory to get rid of the noise for those who are getting it, want to know in case the rubbing noise returns on my new ones.

Thanks

Dan

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

+1 on this...we really need a Bose-designed solution here.  Hopefully that comes soon.

@Pedro69 wrote:

@Mohsin_S wrote:

@Chris.yue@outlook.com Thank you for writing in. We can confirm that we're in the process of creating decals to address this issue. You will be able to get them at no charge by calling our service team once they become available. You may also read more about that here.

Thanks again,

Mohsin

I have the pillow rubbing issue and it's been enough to wake me up on occasion. Other times I'm so tired I just grin and bear it. Is there an actual official solution to this yet? Apologies if there is and it's linked somewhere else!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Months. It's been several months. I got my buds from Santa! Don't hold your breath.  It's going to take an act of God or some sort of litigation to get Bose to fix this.  

[ Edited by moderator ] 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Hi there! Are these decals still available? I am having this problem. It's terrible. 

Thank you in advance, 

Larisa

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Here’s what works for me: I put a little round piece of painters tape on it, then on top of that, a small round cut out of a fabric bandaid.  Works perfectly, and lasts for a few weeks (or longer).  

The easiest way to do this is to first unpeel the bandaid and put it on the tape.  Then cut a little piece out of both layers together.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

The decals are available in the USA but not UK and they cannot be imported to the UK also.

Why is this and why is there no warning of a potential problem when you buy them.