Sleep Buds Disconnect During Night - usually the left bud

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Sleep Buds Disconnect During Night - usually the left bud

Sleep buds keep disconnecting.  It's usually just the left bud.  It's just seems to be happening since the last updates.  Resest the phone, both the buds and case have been updated, and I am still having issues.  I have SoundSport wireless headphones and they never disconnect, so I know it is not an issue with the phone itself.  We've even tried connecting them with the iPad instead of the iPhone and that left bud still disconnects.  Really disappointed to spend that much on something that no longer works.

11 REPLIES

Re: Sleep Buds Disconnect During Night - usually the left bud

Hi patch8401,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Sorry to hear about the troubles but I would recommend contacting our Sleep Buds support team regarding this issue.  (800) 905-1273 (Mon-Fri 9am - 9pm, Sat 9am - 7pm ET)

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

I have the exact same issue - my left sleep bud disconnects while the right one is still going.  This typically happens in the middle of the night.  I've tried placing the left and both buds back into the case then take them both out.  Both buds then says 100% battery and then after a few mins, the left one disconnects....

Any luck with the support so far?

Friendly Fanatic

I’m having the exact same problem, before and after the last update. 

Quiet Contributor

My left ear bud started disconnecting during the night a few weeks ago. I updated the software, updated the firmare and even reset the base numerous times. The left ear bud doesn't seem to be able to hold a charge. It's rare these days that it shows past 48% charged. I've cleaned the buds and contacts carefully. It looks like it's charing in the case as the light is flashing, but when I check it, the app still shows it at 48%. Yesterday after charging it a couple hours after I had checked the %, it actualy went down. This makes zero sense. The left ear bud will only last a few hours then turn off. I wear them so I don't hear my husband snoring next to me so I can get a full night's sleep. When the left ear bud just shuts off, I wake up and can't get back to sleep! These have been the most comfortable sleeping than other products I've tried.But this left ear bud issue needs to be addressed. Is it software or is it faulty ear buds?

Hello all,

Thanks, everyone for writing into the community. We are sorry to hear about the experience you're having. We hear your concerns, and we can understand how frustrating this can be. We want the Sleepbuds to work for you and most importantly, help you get some rest. 

There are troubleshooting steps we would like for you to perform to see if it helps. We recognize that most of you have done some troubleshooting already and we appreciate that. 

For those of you experiencing this issue, we ask that you please try the following: 

Verify that the charging case is up-to-date by visiting btu.bose.com on a computer. Instructions on how to do that will be on the site. 

Try resetting the charging case by inserting a thin paper clip inside the hole located on the back of the case until a click is heard. 

Double check that the Sleepbud firmware is up to date with the latest version (6.0.4.0). When the Sleepbuds are recognized in the app, please tap the gear icon and select "Product info."

Try removing and reinstalling the Bose Sleep app on the device being used. 

If after you've tried this and did not see any improvement, it seems that your Sleepbuds would be in need of service and we recommend that you reach out to our service team for assistance. They are best equipped to collect/document any device logs and assist in providing a further solution to get you back up and running again. 

Contact information can be found here. Please select your region from the list and scroll down to where you see "contact us." 

Thank you again,

Mohsin 

Wistful Whisperer

Hi there, I’ve tried all steps you mentioned above but my right sleepbud still keeps disconnecting at night. It’s very annoying. I got this pair of sleepbuds at the states and used it at Taiwan. Do Bose provide a worldwide warranty service or replacement in Taiwan? Thanks

Hey notgoodtsai@gmail.com,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Here's a link for contact information in Taiwan. Our service team should be able to get you back up and running again. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Silent Starter

Hello Mohsin,

My left bud has the same problem as mr.notgoodtsai and also tried everything to fix them by my own. Still doesn't work and sleep with one bud for 2 months.
I bought buds at the states, now I'm in Thailand.
My device is Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Andriod version 7.0

Please recommend where I can find Bose service supporter or official shop in Thailand.
Thanks.

Hey Pranpreeya,

Thanks for writing in and sorry for the trouble you're having with your Sleepbuds!

Here's the information of a service center in Thailand that will work with you to get further support:

Service Inquiries:

Mr. Phaisal Asavasopon
The Asavasopon Company, Ltd.
50-52 Siphya Road
Mahaprudtharam, Bangkok 10500
Tel-1: (66)22346467
Tel-2: (66)22668136
Fax: (66)22375603
Email: phaisal@asavasopon.co.th

Thank you,

Mohsin