Sleep Buds are making my ears sore

Quiet Contributor

Re: Sleep Buds are making my ears sore

Mohsin,
Thank you for responding. I did call the sleepbuds team, and they told me there was nothing they could do aside from issuing me a credit if I send them back.
Thanks,
Cynthia
Audible Advocate

This is the best solution I can find. I've been doing it for a week and my ears are no longer chafed.

You need to add/remove the tape each day, but it beats sore ears...20190104_152427.jpg

Quiet Contributor

I am experiencing the exact same thing. The buds didn't seem as bad the first couple weeks but now they are making my ears very sore within a couple hours. It's a double edged sword. I don't feel like I have a better alternative.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

BTW I'm not getting sores.. But my left ear is extremely painful... And that's without sleeping on that side.

Hi Sleeplessstx,

Thanks for posting. I would agree with @Mohsin_S that you should contact your local Sleepbuds support team using the link he provided.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I first thought there is just too much pressure on my ears and changed to size S, but this morning my right ear was bleeding. I love these sleepbuds but they are potentially physically harmful, to put it very blunt (since I don't seem to be the only one).

I somehow can't really believe that something like this is suddenly happening after a proper (??) testing period? I would expect this from a random startup that is crowdfunding it's first hipster device - but from Bose? I feel like I was sold a beta test version at the price for a well-researched and carefully designed product.

I know that at this point I can only send them back for a refund or "inelegantly" play around with them and somehow manage - but that is not really a solution, is it? I really love the idea of this product and on one side I don't really want to give up on them, but as a consumer the only correct thing would be to tell everyone I know to not buy them and to leave bad reviews online so that nobody else pays such a price to inflict harm on their own body with what seems to be a not properly tested product...
Quiet Contributor

What were the black memory plugs that you bought? Did they fit the electronic bit well?
Quiet Contributor

Did any of the suggestions on this thread work? If so which one? I’m having the same issue.

Hi Happypinkbubbles,

Thanks for posting. If you are having issues with your Sleepbuds fitting and you have tried changing the size of the ear tips already and that doesn't help, I would contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G